Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurencp_gw

Encore tile is In - question before install

laurencp
9 years ago

I ordered the Bali crackle and did 1/3 Riveria in the 2X4. I can barely make our which is which, but I have not spent much time yet sorting/unpacking.

I've pulled out a few tiles and set them up, and it looks so washed out! I'm wondering if I made a mistake!

Tell me truthfully - will it look different as I imagined once its installed - I keep telling myself the color will pool once the tiles are all together.

I plan to lay everything out before the install so I can distribute the Riveria evenly throughout - if I can even tell the difference.

So stressful and hard to picture!

Comments (13)

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Can you post a photo of the tiles in your space?

I just looked on the Encore website. Both Bali and Riviera are lovely, but...I can discern no difference in the colors.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wll try later - not sure what I will have for lighting when I get home.

It will look lovely with my Cloud White cabinets - right Linelle??

Just hoping to get a bluish tint - and hard to see if that is going to happen!

thanks!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

lauren, I certainly hope it looks lovely with your Cloud White cabinets. :) Did you get some samples to try out first?

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I don't know if anyone here used Bali or Riviera and knows the answer, but looking back at your original thread, I see beadboard cabinets and heavily veined soapstone, so I think it will be a good thing if the tile variation comes out subtle.

• romy718
    9 years ago

How many boxes of tile do you have? I had a thread obsessing about my tile color after unpacking one box-my KD had all the other boxes. On the day of install, after everything was unpacked, the colors I was looking for were there. Also, the tile looked completely different once it was vertical & grouted.
    Are the edges of your tile lighter than the body of the tile?
    I believe I have a sample of Bali tile & it definitely has a blue tint. If you grout with the white that matches the edges, the blue tint & variation will become more evident.

This post was edited by romy718 on Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 13:39

• romy718
    9 years ago

It's very difficult to photograph this tile (probably most tile) & have the color be true. I can't get an accurate picture of my tile.
    The field tile in this pic is Bali. I can see the variation. I think it will look beautiful with your white cabinets & soapstone.
    Also, note the light grout.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There are only four boxes. The p/s is labeled what is in what box - and the just opended the last box and it looked to be the Riviera. By the time I have arrived home from work, its darker and my energy is low - so I have only grabbed several and put them out.

Romy- I have also seen that photo of the Bali backsplash. It is so true - its nearly impossible to get an accurate photo - especially with the lighter tile shades. I can see variation in this photo - I am hopeful! (the Cerulean color is gorgeous!)

Also odd - the sales woman ordered the tile by the piece - (not square footage) (349 2x4 tiles) based on my measurements! I am hoping I do not run short! The installer figured that its about right,- possibly a little short but he said usually the tile runs a little bigger - he said he has never seen it ordered like that.

I think after waiting so long I am just nervous and its such a big step to spend so much $$ for a final decision.

I'll see how I can do for a photo later today.

Thanks everyone - and May - thanks for looking at past threads and your comments!

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Natural light.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LED lighting

• romy718
    9 years ago

Very pretty. I see variation! You'll have to play around with them & see how you like them arranged. I spent several walking into the kitchen & rearranging & rearranging & rearranging. It was kind of fun. Especially seeing the color changes in different lighting. I can't see the sparkle in your pic, but I know it's there.

• jennifer42
    9 years ago

LaurenCP, I would love to know what happened with the Encore crackle tile. I am considering it as well. With a dark gray counter and white cabinets. Did you feel the Bali/riviera is too washed out? Any chance you could post a photo? I'd be so grateful.

• romy718
    9 years ago

I've been wondering about your backsplash also. I bet it turned out beautifully. I just love your soap stone. Please post some pics.