Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse

Backsplash suggestions for Lagoon counters, taupe cabinets

smalloldhouse
9 years ago

Our contractor just called and offered to have our backsplash done late next week, which would be terrific. The only problem is that I hadn't really been focused on this decision, and due to some business travel halfway around the world, I've got tomorrow and Saturday to finalize a choice.

My counters are Silestone Lagoon, cabinets are painted maple by Diamond - the paint color is called Portobello and it's a true mushroomy color, more taupe than grey or green. I have of course collected mountains of samples, but since I wasn't sure about the counters until last week, most of them are just plain wrong.

I'm going to spend tomorrow haunting the nearby tile stores, and I may take a run out to Lowes to pick up the Allen+Roth Pearl subways that seem like they might blend with my cabinets. My kitchen is awesomely functional now but I wouldn't mind the tiniest bit of bling in the backsplash. If I could magically find and/or afford tiles like the Zellij ones I've seen here on @jenny_from_the_block used, that might be my dream backsplash.

I'm tempted to go with the Meram Blanc marble tiles that GW member @kompy used simply because his/her kitchen is gorgeous and how could I possibly improve upon a choice made by a pro? But I'm worried the sample looks a little too light with my cabinets (it's the subway on the left of my lousy cellphone photo.) Of my sample pile, I found a crackled one whose tone I love (show on the right) - but it seems to only come in an 8x8 size, which doesn't seem appropriate for my small space. Any opinions or other ideas?

Thanks so much for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glazed ceramic 8x8 tile?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz