Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

please critique light layout

Hello again,

It is time to tell the guys exactly where to place the 6" recessed LED cans. I went to a lighting store, and the planner there suggested the layout seen below (NOTE where I have comments on the actual dimensions, the drawing doesn't reflect the actual ones but I can't fix it. for example, the pantry between the wall and frig will be 21" not 23").

The black dots represent the light locations.

The placement of the lights for the frig wall are dictated by the fact that the French door frig will extend out 10" past the pantry, and the lighting designer said that the light should be placed at the point where the open frig door will end, so that the frig will not be casting a shadow onto the pantry. That seems good to me.

However, the GC is recommending that the light closest to the stove be centered in the space rather than continuing in line with the 2 over the edge of the sink counter run. Either would look fine visually to me, I think, but which would be better for lighting? He has also suggested that I might want to put a fixture rather than the recessed LED "to be sure to light up that whole space".

I will have a small fixture over the sink.

What do you think? Which would be best?

Thanks, Raee

Comments (6)