Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Pental quartz -only in CA and NJ?

After seeing a mention of this brand in another thread, I looked it up. Nice selection of colors and patterns, plus I see it being offered at a really low price by at least one shop in Sun Valley --- has anyone else used this quartz, and does anyone know of a source for the Midwest?

Comments (9)

• calumin
    10 years ago

There is a distributor lookup on the Pental home page (www.pentalquartz.com), it looks like there is one in Denver. But they seem to be mostly west coast right now.

I went with them because they had the exact solid shade I was looking for (Coastal Grey). Ours were pretty inexpensive too and the fabricator did a great job. Still finishing our remodel, so we haven't really used it yet. But very happy so far.

• buildinva
    10 years ago

I couldn't find a fabricator in Virginia and they never responded to my emails asking...

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Pental is just a distributor of a Vietnamese-made quartz. The company name is Vicostone. There is at least one other distributor in Texas who puts their name on it.

I have Botticino and in general I'm happy with it. My slabs don't have any resin pooling like Caesarstone and Cambria and the slabs look just like the samples.

• calumin
    10 years ago

It might not be easy to get Pental in the Midwest right now. Apparently Cambria is suing Pental for copyright infringement in a Minnesota court.

It looks like there may be an informal agreement between Pental and a company called Damar Natural Stone to sell some Pental products in the Midwest. But the relationship is getting some scrutiny due to the lawsuit, so it might not be publicly advertised. More here.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, didn't we have a spam thread about this product a few months ago?

Well, I won't be able to, so no worries about whether I should look at it further.

• rjremodel
    10 years ago

May_flowers: Can you post a picture of your Pental Quartz Botticino? I am considering it for bathroom counters.

Thanks so much!

• Gracie
    10 years ago

My photo shows Caesarstone Buttermilk, but it's the same color as Botticino. We had to pull the Buttermilk counters because of damage on install, and then we got Botticino instead. We've just never taken updated photos since getting Botticino because we are waiting to do our backsplash.

The pattern is slightly different than Botticino, but as you know, it's very subtle and won't show in a photo. I thought the pic of the peninsula would give you the closest idea of how it will look on a vanity. We almost used our leftover pieces for a dark-stained cherry vanity, but we decided to do granite for something different. We really love our counters.

• cruzinpattis
    10 years ago

Saw Pental Quartz in Tobacco color at a cabinet maker shop which caught my eye.
    I can not find a local store that carries it...
    Like to get another quote.

Can anyone recommend a store that displays Pental Quartz?
    I have written Pental but as of yet they haven't repled.

Vicostone website doesn't have anything similar in color.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Go to Pentalquartz's website.

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner