Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

It's here and I love it! Diamond MOP tiles.

williamsem
10 years ago

I just had to share, especially with all the recent interest in MOP here. Not sure when it will be installed, but granite is coming Monday!

Four sheets

Comments (53)

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Ditto what pharaoh said!!!!!!

More swoons!!!!

• andreak100
    10 years ago

That's lovely. Can't wait to see it installed.

• williamsem
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly-kay, my granite has a lot of movement too, but I couldn't find a white or cream the seemed to look right. It needed a solid color with variation, which I found hard to come by in the lighter shades. I'm hoping this works in reality as well it the sample worked in my head :-)

It's from builderelements.com, the only place I could find that shape. But once I saw the diamonds, I knew that was the shape for me.

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm pharaoh, tmy_jax, and cat_mom!

• taggie
    10 years ago

Ooooooh, so pretty. Makes me want to touch it!!!

• eam44
    10 years ago

I love it! It's one of the most dynamic versions of MOP I've seen. I can't wait (I'm sure you can't wait) to see it installed. It's going to be so gorgeous.

• Molly Phillips
    10 years ago

Can't wait to see it up! I got a sample from another place and probably should have gotten a few others. That particular color was not good with my counter so I went another direction. I still love MOP though!

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Wow!!! It's just gorgeous. I love the shape of the tiles. I can't wait to see it installed!

• Linda
    10 years ago

Stunning!! I have pretty much decided I wanted a MOP BS, but had not thought of the diamond shape. Can't wait to see yours installed!

• ali80ca
    10 years ago

It is absolutely beautiful :) Looking forward to seeing it installed!

• rosie
    10 years ago

Lovely. I'm really looking forward to seeing it up.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Pretty - cant wait to see that jewelry on your wall!
    Cryptic from iPhone.

• Sherrie Moore
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!! Can't wait to see it on the wall!

• Majra
    10 years ago

Bling! I love it!!!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I will be waiting anxiously to see it installed. Maybe I should reconsider.....

• hobokenkitchen
    10 years ago

Oh I LOVE that tile! LOVE it. Love.

Can't wait to see it up!!

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Thud.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

That looks fabulous!!! I might have to put that on my wish list...if I ever get that far...

• Mick Mick
    10 years ago

I love it. I agree. It is jewelry for the kitchen! :)

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

That is sooooo pretty!! Can't wait to see it installed!

• justmakeit
    10 years ago

I'm sure all the quilters around here recognize the pattern as tumbling blocks, which is one of my all-time favorite quilt block patterns. The way the light casts the iridescence in different ways, depending on the orientation of the diamonds, is absolutely captivating! Beautiful!

• pharaoh
    10 years ago

love builderelements. bought my glass tiles from them for the bling bath several years ago.

Cant wait to see the 'art' installed.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Wow! Speechless - it's so....all of the above! I can't wait to see it installed! I bet you are antsy too but at least you get to touch it and look at it in person!

• williamsem
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, looks like I picked a winner! So glad I have virtual friends that get as excited about my kitchen as I am. And in turn, I can be excited about yours, especially since I don't have to live in the construction :-)

I'm trying very hard to leave it alone, but I did fondle inspect each piece when I opened it up. I don't want to risk chipping more pieces (a few had corners chipped, but given the design I kind if expected that). Now the pictures are another story :-)

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

LOL @ : "I'm trying very hard to leave it alone, but I did fondle inspect each piece when I opened it up."
    ( dang, the line through 'fondle' didn't 'paste').

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I'd like me a piece of that, too, but I'm scared I'll ruin it with my messy splashes and won't be able to keep it clean, sigh.

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

wow, beautiful! i agree with everybody else. it is like jewelry. cannot wait to see it put up!

• alex9179
    10 years ago

Oooooh, sparkly! I may have to get a sample just so I can fondle it ;) Gosh, so beautiful.

• westleyandbuttercup
    10 years ago

That tile is absolutely enchanting. Can't wait to see it up with all your other elements.

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

looking forward to seeing it installed

• berryjam
    10 years ago

That's gorgeous. Hmmm....may have to steal your design

• tea4all
    10 years ago

Stunning!! I will wait with breathe drawn for the reveal!

• cathy725
    10 years ago

We're all drooling. So beautiful. Bling!!!! What do you plan for the grout???

Can't wait to see it upon the wall!

• williamsem
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the love!

Going to use an unsanded grout for sure. Not sure what color, got to check the other MOP thread to see what others have used. Also want to see what my GC suggests.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

So exciting! My mop backsplash is going up next week (or so they say)! Based on previous experience, it might be a month or so.

I remember our discussion of the diamond mop awhile ago, glad you got it! I cannot wait to see it up. It is stunning! Please let me know what grout you use and sealant, etc etc. We are getting there!

• samantracarol
    10 years ago

The tiles are beautiful and the design comprising of the diamonds are adding more elegance to it.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Williamsen - what was the final resolution on your BS issue? Also - have you posted with your grout?
    San Juan - hopefully no major delays!!!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Mines all finished and would love to see Williamson's installed. Here's mine!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Here's another shot. Almost completely finished with the whole kitchen and family room now!

• williamsem
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm fairly certain it's going to come out, but I still love the tiles! They complement the granite beautifully in person, though they tend to photograph a bit warmer in color.

Beautiful kitchen sanjuangirl!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Williansem, it's sooooo beautiful! The tiles are absolutely gorgeous and works beautifully with your granite and cabinets. Hope your enjoying your lovely kitchen. Have you done the reveal yet? Looks like your almost finished! Can't wait to see it.

• williamsem
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aw, thanks! Haven't done a reveal yet. Still a couple little things. Plus if we decide to redo the tile soon, I'd wait. If we decide to put it off a bit, I'll just post anyway. I might end up reordering tile and having GC give me a call when he's got time, things often slow down close to the holidays and it would be easy to fit this in. A little time without construction would be nice too!

• kirkhall
    10 years ago

Why will it "come out" (/redo the tile?)

It looks gorgeous! I have MOP in my master shower as accent, and love it.

• Linda
    10 years ago

Oooooooohhhhh!!!! Love them both, Sanjuangirl and Williamsem! So sorry about your installation issues Williamsem. Love both of the BSs. Is that watercut tile behind the cooktop Sanjuangirl? Has anyone tried the MOP without the space for grout?

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Williamsem everything looks gorgeous together! Can't wait for your final reveal!
    Can you tell me what your hardware is and what size? I really like it, thx!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Legallin,

It's Crysanthemum by Artistic Tile

• jacqueline5
    10 years ago

I'm about to place my MOP order for the backsplash, wainscot liner and shower feature wall in my bathroom. Sanjuan I'm in love with your backsplash! Which size of little MOP subways did you use? What mfgr and color of grout did you use? Where did you get the picture frame tile around the chrysanthemums? Also, how many squares of the chrysanthemums did you use? The Husband may have a heart attack but Your backsplash is ky bream bathroom! I mean, wouldn't a white carrara marble bathroom with a MOP framed feature with chrysanthemums in the center be amazing?

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you. I really love my backsplash". The grout is Polyblend non-sanded grout in Snow White.

The mop is from 'the Glass tile store and it's the mini brick pattern. The frame and liners are from a local Designer. It's Calcutta marble. The Chrysanthemum pattern is tricky. It doesn't come in squares, it fits together like puzzle pieces. It makes it more beautiful, but also more expensive since you must buy more than you need to complete the pattern and you must get a master tile setter. It was exacting work and took twice as long to do the famed piece as the entire rest of the 50 square foot bs.

Here's a picture of it going together. I used 5 pieces. Each piece is basically 3 flowers. I have 2 3/4 flowers left but had to have the 5th piece to complete the puzzle. The framed piece is 18x 25 inside the frame.

Good luck! Please send me pictures of what you end up doing!

Gina

• drhomeideas
    10 years ago

Sanjaungirl, would you mind sharing the color of your cabinets? Beautiful kitchen.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Thanks. It's Dunn Edwards Inside Passage with a chocolate brown glaze.

• drhomeideas
    10 years ago

thank you.