Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seosmp_gw

2 ovens - ok if don't match? WWYD??

seosmp
10 years ago

Hi,

I'm having a dilemma and I need to resolve it ASAP.

I was originally going with the Viking Professional 6 burner cooktop with Electrolux oven underneath. On a separate wall I have an Electrolux MW plus second Electrolux oven.

I am reconsidering my cooktop choice based on Viking reviews/etc.... and do I really need 6 burners, and the burners seem higher (grates are higher?). I'm looking at the Wolf cooktop. The appliance guy said a few weeks ago that it will fit no problem with the oven since it requires less space than the Viking. Well the cabinetmaker just told me last night that the oven cutout needs to be lower with the Wolf so it would go down into the toekick area.

So, I'm debating whether I should just stick with the Viking cooktop or possibly go with a Wolf oven under the Wolf cooktop, but then the ovens won't match.

What should I do???

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• ginny20
    10 years ago

It wouldn't bother me if the ovens don't match since they are on separate walls.

Could you put a microwave under the cooktop and a double oven on the other wall? (Are you allowed to have MW under cooktop?) Maybe a microwave drawer, like you'd put in an island.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I have two ovens that don't match, just like you described. I used to have the 2nd oven in a stack with the microwave, but with my recent facelift, I put it under the counter too. It might look odd to others, but I've gotten used to it and love having the counter over it.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I agree with the notion to buy the best appliances you can afford (nooooo to the Viking), and don't worry about matching. Your ovens will be on different walls. Wolf makes excellent gas cooktops and wall ovens.

That said, A2gemini has a Wolf E oven with a different speed oven (I think it is Elux?) stacked and it looks very nice.

• seosmp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the replies!! You guys are making me feel much better!

I'd asked my husband this morning about having 2 different ovens --- where I'm worried he might not want to learn how to work 2 ovens -- and he totally floored me asking about how it would look (and he then says to my original concern - how hard is it to work an oven?!!)

I may still go with the Viking, but at least I feel better about having 2 different ovens if need be!

My stomach is turning from all these issues!

• lascatx
    10 years ago

As the owner of a Wolf rangetop and Wolf ovens, I have no hesitation in saying I would buy them over the Viking and Electrolux. The dimensions may have changed, but when I was looking and had a salesman pushing the very nice looking Elextrolux appliances, I nearly overlooked a few things like usable space. The oven shelves were not deep enough for some of my baking pans. Issues with other appliances too, but the oven was a no go.

You won't have to learn how to use a Wolf -- it does what it is supposed to, but you may have to adjust to cooking cycles you haven't used. The first turkey I cooked was also the first time I used the convection roast cycle it was done at least an hour earlier than I was expecting. Everything else has been pretty much as expected and the convection roast is really nice when you know to adjust your time. It sears the surface, cooks faster and stays juicy inside.

• whocareswhoiam
    8 years ago

seosmp - what cooktop did you end up purchasing Viking 6 burner or the Wolf 5 burner, or other and how do you like it now after all this time?