Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

GW location

a2gemini
9 years ago

About a year ago, someone put together a list of GWebbers and where we all live.
Silly me, I didn't clip it and tried searching google and GW
Does anyone else remember this post.
Thanks!

Comments (150)

• ott2
    9 years ago

Texas_Gem: You are not alone! DH and I are both native Texans and Red Raiders, currently living in the DFW area. I have a lot of extended family in the Panhandle. Nothing like the sunsets and dust storms in West Texas! We are Maines Brothers fans, which probably dates us? They are retired now, but still play every couple of years in Lubbock. Maybe you know them?

Howdy from the Dallas / Fort Worth area!

• ghostlyvision
    9 years ago

Another Texan here, closer to the coast.

• athomesewing
    9 years ago

I'm Connie, at home in Pacific Northwest woodlands a bit north of Seattle, WA.

Shoutout to other PNWers, leela4 and kalapointer.

• lynn_r_ct
    9 years ago

Lynn fr CT - in a suburban shoreline city east of New Haven. On a clear day I can see Long Island, so next time I am down at the docks I'll wave, just in case!

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

ellendi- I am in a little town right near Rhinebeck. i bought all my tile in Saugeties.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Sixty, small world. We had a second home on the Esopus which we sold. Keeping the building, at least for now. It gives us an excuse to go up and see what's going on.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Sixty, small world. We had a second home on the Esopus which we sold. Keeping the building, at least for now. It gives us an excuse to go up and see what's going on.

• cba6777
    9 years ago

I'm Cindy, another from So Cal- Orange County.

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow- amazing number of responses - can't wait to put this spread sheet together and see who lives where!
    So glad my GW twin responded from Wisconsin - Badgergal.

Hopefully Breezy, Beekeeper, Beagles will chime in.
    I wonder how Rhome is doing these days as well. We almost met in Tacoma.

Glad Fouramblues chimed in - we were doing our kitchens at the same time as well and both used Buckingham.

Also Poohpup who was so inspirational to me. I know I am missing a few others but tired and have a relay race tomorrow.

I get to do the mile swim in a lake (realizing I haven't been open water swimming in at least 10 years of more... and only have 6 swims for the year...) and then a crazy leg - run 1.5 miles, tube down the Cascades (almost white water but not quite), run a bit more, go down a water slide - tag off and wait for our next swimmer and run another 2.5 miles to the finish. - 10 event, 5 person relay!

MLleaving - Love TC - great town in the winter and hope to visit in the summer soon.

aamassther - we will be down your way for a bike trip in September.

This post was edited by a2gemini on Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 21:05

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

Another Pacific Northwesterner...I live on an island in the Puget Sound..

• texasgal47
    9 years ago

Another Howdy from Texas!!! Doreen here in Houston. I've been on GW about 3 yrs after downsizing to a smaller home for retirement. My kitchen was installed 2.5 yrs ago. Phase 2 cabinets, for the family room, coffee bar, and a bedroom/computer area are due for delivery July 17th. I can't wait to have the mess behind me and finally have enough storage to completely unpack.

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

Ott2- I hear ya on the sunsets and dust. I have a friend from here that lived in Houston for a few years, moved back for a job and she has been miserable, in large part due to the dust storms and her asthma.

But, even she says their truly is nothing quite like our gorgeous cotton candy sunsets. I've never seen another place with such beautiful sunsets and I'm fortunate enough to live in the country with unobstructed views.

I had to look up the Maine's Brothers band, they are before my time and I don't really listen to country music but, still cool to see or hear of a band from the area who made it big.

• annac54
    9 years ago

gr8day: my DH graduated from CalPoly also. Pomona or SLO?

Linda (darbuka). About your user name, do you play one?

Fun thread.

• romy718
    9 years ago

My name is Rosemary, my Mom's name is Rosemary. My family calls me Romy. I live in a Northwest suburb of Chicago.
    Hollysprings-I have family that lives in those Mississippi sticks, My Mom's in Tupelo, my brother's in Booneville. We all grew up in the Chicago area until my Dad retired & moved us to Ms. to raise bird dogs & cattle.

• lovestowalk
    9 years ago

I live in Seattle ... Tangletown. I love to walk Greenlake!!
    Nancy

• Buehl
    9 years ago

Baltimore/DC Metro Area!

• justmakeit
    9 years ago

Rachel from Chicago, near west suburbs. (Love it here, but can't believe this is where I've ended up. My upbringing was bicoastal.)

• bpath
    9 years ago

Chicago 'burbs, near the beautiful blue lake, I want to paint a room that color. It's repaying us for the historic winter with cool, pleasant days now!

• westsider40
    9 years ago

North suburb of Chicago and closed on a home in Tucson, Az in April 2014. We will be snowbirds. We will do a gut kitchen reno of the Arizona house. What did I get myself into? I am too old for this!

A2, my gs just did a one and a half mile open water race this morning. Took about a half hour. yay

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I live in Northern New Jersey.

• lynn_r_ct
    9 years ago

lynn2006, although from CT, (another Lynn) I spent a year working in Cedar Knowles and living in Randolph. Came back to CT, but I am always the first one to say that NJ gets such a bad rap for no reason. It was beautiful where I worked and lived.

I always tell my kids, if you are willing to be patient, you will always find something you share with another. These posts prove it. Loving this.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Hudson Valley, NY -- between catmom and williamsem

• Mgoblue85
    9 years ago

Another Michigander here - Julie from southeast mi.

• Joe
    9 years ago

Good Morning!
    Long time lurker, built new home on 28 acres in 2012.

'Rehired' to Northwest Arkansas from northern Chi-town 'burbs. Transitioned from corporate life to hobby farmer. After a few bumps, have a Llewellin (English) setter and raising mini Herefords.

Value the info, 'conversations' and GW comrades.
    ~bgj (female)

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Lynn-r-ct,, Where I live is as pretty as Randolph as I am half hour from it and I am near so many highways but my area is very country-like. I have the best of both worlds but unfortunately, the cost of living is very high where I live. I also love Connecticut! I think when people think of NJ, they think of the Newark area where they get off at when flying into NJ.

I love reading about where everyone's location. What a great post!

• motherof3sons
    9 years ago

CountryatHeart - Love Lake Shelbyville. Lots of "Illinoisans" on the Kitchen Forum.

• lisapoi
    9 years ago

I'm just west of Toronto, Ontario.
    I've been a long-time lurker since we remodeled our bathroom and I happened across the bathroom forum. We incorporated several ideas from that forum and love our new bathroom. We're now about ready to rip open our walls for a major kitchen remodel :)

• Gooster
    9 years ago

we split time between two kitchens -- San Francisco and elsewhere in Northern California

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

East of Seattle, also within biking distance to Google and more prominently, Microsoft.

• ice1
    9 years ago

Hi, Im mostly a lurker. Live in the middle of the atlantic ocean on an island called Iceland. Volcano island. Have lurked for many years.

• jennybc
    9 years ago

Jenny here... Central kentucky, just finished forever house.

• Chacha Lamacha
    9 years ago

Wow what a posting- great idea a2gemini!
    Mostly lurking getting a dream list together for the past few years, finally knee deep in kitchen and bath Reno!
    Another girl from northern NJ

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

Waving to lisapoi. We are practically neighbours. I am in Guelph ON.

Carol

• chedanemi
    9 years ago

Another Wisconsin girl here. I am about 30 miles north of Madison

• belterv
    9 years ago

Been a serious lurker for a few years. Planning a custom build next year, so I'll be asking for advice soon.

Sandy in central Louisiana

• czarinalex
    9 years ago

Marisa in northern Westchester county, NY. But dreaming of moving to Orange Co., CA!

• moebus
    9 years ago

Y'all can test your google maps on this one. 3 kitchens - in Elora, Ontario; in Highlands East, Ontario; and in Evian, France.

• covingtoncat
    9 years ago

Cathi, another PNW'er, Seattle burbs-ish. Here by way of Annapolis, MD and a native South Floridian.

• justretired
    9 years ago

westsider40:

We winter in Tucson, close to Sabino Canyon. We love the city and all of the outdoor things it has to offer. Hope everything goes smoothly with your move.

JR

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I started the spreadsheet but won't be able to finish for a few days. I inputted 50 GWebbers so far!
    I think the thread turns into a pumpkin at 150 messages, so wanted to pop in an update.
    It will be interesting to see which area has the most folks on line or lurking.

• bcafe
    9 years ago

Currently we are 20 miles north of Milwaukee but are transferring to the Texas panhandle.

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

Hi,

I'm Karen and love to check out home decorating, baths and kitchens. (I'm helping my daughter and husband remodel their 60's ranch.) We live in the Portland, Oregon area.

• jennifer132
    9 years ago

Westchester County NY -- 25-30 min north of NYC.

• aries61
    9 years ago

An unincorporated area of Chicago just east of Rosemont . JB

• LE
    9 years ago

Lovestowalk, we are neighbors-- I'm near Kidd Valley. See you at the lake!

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

Hey everybody, another Texan here! Susan in Austin....but looking for another place to go sooner than later! The gypsy in me is calling out!

Thanks a2, great idea!

• amck2
    9 years ago

I'm Anne in southern New Hampshire.

• fourkids4us
    9 years ago

Mostly a lurker prepping for a kitchen/1st floor remodel, hopefully sooner than later!

We live in the Wash DC/Baltimore area along the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

bcafe- what area of the Texas panhandle will you be in?

• bpath
    9 years ago

Bonjour, Moebus! I was in Evian last summer, for about 5 minutes LOL! We had some time between trains in Lausanne, so we ferried over to Evian, hopped off to touch ground and grass, and ferried back. It was lovely, hope to stay longer next time :)

I may have a story about Elora, too. During the war, my grandparents' china pattern wasn't being shipped to the States, but it was available in Elora. I think it was Elora, will check with Dad.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH