Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use a Sink Setter with Silgranite?

Posted by Wagmore (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 10:16

We are looking at the Precis Cascade, and was wondering if anyone has ever used a Sink Setter with this (or any) Silgranite sink? There may be a slight size issue with the sink in relation to the cabinet size, so we are looking at all possible options. I spent some time on the Sink Setter site, and I think it work, but just looking for any "real life" experiences out there.

I appreciate any information!

-Wagmore

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use a Sink Setter with Silgranite?

I have a Precis Super Single sitting in a 40" wide cabinet.

Right now it has temporary counters and my DH was so happy we had the sink setter because the sink is suspended in it independent of the counter top and it will be very easy when we are ready to remove the plywoood and put on the permanent counters.

Sink setter was his favorite thing in the whole reno!

o

If you use something like the sink setter (I used Kohler's version and another), be sure not to tighten the screws that hold the rim more than necessary. It is quite easy to be lifting the granite with those screws. which is not a good thing.

o

I have the Sink Setter 104 P waiting to be assembled and a Blanco Precis Cascade waiting to be picked up. I heard about Sink Setter on GW and spoke with the company and watched their video's to get the concept down. Seems like it will work.

This all should go in next week sometime. Thanks for the tip attofarad.

o

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I won't be able to go with the cascade after all. I had the dimensions mixed up in my head, and the sink won't fit in our 30" base cabinet. I really had my heart set on silgranite, but with such a small sink base, the only one that fits is the Diamond single...but id like something larger. I guess I'm off to look at stainless!

o

Yeah, there aren't so many choices for a 30" base beyond a 25" sink. Very frustrating to me, I have room for a larger sink but very few made that will fit!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here