Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
c9pilot

Need to find urethane grout for polished marble

c9pilot
10 years ago

Is there an unsanded (i.e. non-scratching) urethane grout out there?

My DH is putting up the last few tiles on our backsplash, which is a glazed ceramic mural surrounded by strips of polished marble. We were hoping to grout by this afternoon, but....

My neighbor told me to be sure to use unsanded grout on the marble or else it would scratch, and another thread on this forum made me think that urethane grout would be best for this installation behind the "clean-up zone" - dirty dishes, big double clean-up sink and dish drainer along this counter.

So we've been planning on using Bostik NeverSeal that we found in one of the big-box stores, because it said that it was good for ceramic, porcelain, glass and natural stone. But, a closer look at the fine print on the website says that it uses quartz for coloring (something like that) and that it might scratch polished marble.

Back to square one. I've found another Bostik product, QuartzLock2, but it looks exactly the same.

So, is there an unsanded urethane grout, and where can I get it quick?

Thanks folks! Ya'll were the ones who found my marble tiles that I couldn't, so I'm hoping you can help me out here.

Comment (1)