Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cross post to bathrooms....glass mosaic floor anyone?

Posted by remodelfla (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 9:44

I posted over on bathrooms as well. Does anyone have glass tile mosaics on their bathroom floor? Tiny master bath and I thought that is I ran the same tile straight through the shower it would visually enlarge the space. I'm all over the place with tile choices. I saw pics on houzz of glass mosaics on the floor where they ran it through. I'm looking for any practical input if someone has this. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cross post to bathrooms....glass mosaic floor anyone?

It should be a no shoe environment, as heels or bits of gravel caught in the soles can chip the glass and make sharp edges. There are specialty glass tiles that have a textured surface that are designed for a bath area, because glass is slippery. If you use the small 3/4" size, that may not be necessary, but you also need to make sure that you use a sanded grout for traction. That can scratch the surface of the glass slightly, and that can hold a bit more dirt than installations with unsanded grout. If you have family members who will be using the bath who are mobility challenged, you may want to be sure that you only use it in some type of decorative "stripes" and combine it with a regular tile with good traction, plus prep the walls to install grab bars now or later.

o
RE: Cross post to bathrooms....glass mosaic floor anyone?

The vast majority of the time this bathroom is used only by me. DH likes using our outdoor shower. I'm not mobility challenged yet....but we don't know what the future holds. I used epoxy grout on my glass kitchen backsplash and on a decorative strip in the other bath. Besides looks....I'm equally (if not more) motivated by long term durability and price. There were some higher end mosaics I just love but I'm having a hard time wrapping mt head around the cost

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here