Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missamelia_gw

Counters round 2, Appliances and some tile!!!

MissAmelia
9 years ago

Been a busy week at my house. The counters got re-cut and installed in my kitchen. I am very pleased with them. I think (in my non-professional opinion) that the seems look great, there are 3,-- One in the middle of the farm sink where the faucet is, and one on either side of the oven. No chips or anything the slight un-even edge by the wall with be more then covered with my backsplash tile. My only thing with them (and I'm not complaining just curious) is all of my corners are squared (I have a eased edge) EXCEPT the one corner that butts up to the fridge wall is rounded. I didn't notice it during installations and when I had someone else look over them for me it wasn't noticed until pointed out-- I just wonder if it was a mistake or done for a reason--I could live with either i'm just curious like that.

My squared corner and rounded corner

SO my faucet was installed so I have a sink again finally!! The drain flange was too short on my garbage disposal so luckily my husband was home from work and went to the plumbing supply store to pick up an extended one and my contractor could keep on going without running out on an errand. Can't wait to use my new sink, unfortunately our hot water heater crapped out the night before and we have sludgy rust water so I refuse to run in and get it in my new sink/faucet/ dishwasher until the new one gets installed Saturday morning.

My wall oven, micro, trim kit, oven, dishwasher and fridge and range hood are in and hooked up.

The backsplash tile is started-- another LONG post when it final gets resolved (Friday the new tiles should be here)-- and will hopefully finished installing Monday, Tuesday for grouting and Wednesday for clean up, finishing touches and adjustments for cabinet doors and what not and I am done! (except for paint-- which I can not decide on)

It just all became real, can't wait to have everything done. I leave for vacation next Thursday and my father said if I pick a color for the walls he will take care of it while I am gone and I will have a fully done kitchen when I return on Monday, which I thought was really sweet.

Sorry for this long post if your still reading, nobody around here (friends. family, sisters, coworkers... my husband) want to hear about this any more :-P

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths