Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenos_gw

My finished kitchen--creamy cabinets, Caesarstone, black walnut..

jenos
14 years ago

Hi---even though my kitchen has been finished for a year and a half, I just figured out how to post pictures, so I thought I'd share! I am STILL on this forum daily since I LOVE checking out other people's wonderful ideas. Thank you to everyone here--and on the appliance forum--who helped when I needed it!

Comments (84)

• penelopejosephine
    14 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! I love your selections of fabrics, colors, surfaces...the whole thing!

• nhbaskets
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning! I know you said you are technically challenged, but if you do post additional pictures, I would love to see what you keep in all the different sized drawers and doors. I love especially love the drawers on either side of your beautiful sink as well as surrounding the oven. Are those hinges I see over the mantel?

Thanks so much for sharing your home!

• flowermum
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is GORGEOUS! And thank you for sharing all the details. I love the black and white, very beautiful!

• megradek
    14 years ago

Such a beautiful kitchen. I love so many things! All the right touches. Congrats on a space well done!

I'm on the hunt for stools now and admire yours! Would you provide those details too? Do you like having the 'arms'? do you like the leather? thanks!

• jenos
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again, kind cyber-friends! :)

I forgot:
    mythreesonsnc and nhbaskets--hinges are indeed over the mantel but they aren't for anything fun, just an access panel.

In case I don't get more pictures posted (ahhem), the small drawers to the right and left of the sink are filled with things like ziploc bags, aluminum foil, dish towels, handy gadgets such as peelers and jar openers and aprons. The drawers to the left and right of the range are filled with timers, thermometers, oven mitts, bbq tools, measuring cups, trivots. The large drawers have all pots and pans, baking dishes, mixing bowls, food storage containers and things like that.

Also, I thought I'd share a little on things I love and don't-love-so-much about the kitchen:

LOVE--small cans with black inserts (creates, warm, diffused glow)
    DON'T LOVE--Asko dishwasher (never fits everything and we're only a family of 4)
    LOVE--Scotsman icemaker (although it's a bit noisy)
    LOVE--Dacor warming drawer (perfect for a busy family running around to games in the evening)
    DON'T LOVE--Viking range, but it's "ok"
    LOVE--all of drawers and this cool corner caddy thing in the lower corner cabinet-it pulls out and is filled with food processor, etc.
    DON'T LOVE--interior cabinet lighting-I wish we used that inset tube lighting (or whatever it's called) and used wood shelves instead of our hockey pucks with glass shelves

Thanks again!

• janefan
    14 years ago

Stunning! Will you share where you found your stools?

• jenos
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happily. Stools are from Restoration Hardware (Empire Parsons Leather Counter Stool). The leather is getting a little stained (but fairly easy to clean with soap & water or leather cleaner). Very comfortable and people seem to "park it" on them and hang out while I cook--makes me still feel like part of the party!

• morton5
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is just gorgeous. The sink is so unique-- it's the first pewter sink I've seen. I like how the interiors of your glass cabs are darker-- stained wood maybe? Anyway, it really warms up the space. Great job.

• mercurygirl
    14 years ago

Really gorgeous! I'm pleased to have the opportunity to see the Caesarstone w/ white cabinets, as that's what I'll be doing soon.

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! It's just drop-dead gorgeous! What an incredible job you did!

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the Viking range. I really like its white and SS look but looks aren't everything, especially when it comes to kitchen appliances.

• mercurygirl
    14 years ago

I spotted your bail pulls. Do you remember where they're from and do you like them? Just today I decided they might be in the mix.

• Christine Clemens
    14 years ago

Wowee! It is just gorgeous. Your attention to detail is incredible. I love it all. I don't usually like chandeliers but those are perfect. The sink is amazing as is the island, the range area and your little breakfast table spot. I find myself scrolling up to look at the photos again and again. If I had your kitchen I would just hang out in there all day. Congratulations.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

I don't even know where to begin so I'll just say that your kitchen is absolutely lovely!!! I thought the rug you had on the garage sale was pretty, but oh my I hadn't seen that kitchen yet!

Kat :)

• hapyfrustrated
    14 years ago

I love this kitchen, just beautiful!

Are those votives on the shelf above the stove mercury glass? I have been looking for something exactly like them, do you remember where you got them? TIA

• donka
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I just love it. I could point out all the little details, but it would take a long time to type! Enjoy!

• southernstitcher
    14 years ago

What caught my eye was not just that TDF sink, but particularly the fact that your chairs look so COMFY and inviting. Sitting at the island or the table while visiting will be that much better (to soak in the whole fabulosity of this kitchen)!!

• mamadadapaige
    14 years ago

OMG!!! gorgeous!!!! love everything about it. love the seating on two sides of the island and so many other things. thanks for sharing.

• mercurygirl
    14 years ago

hapyfrustrated, here's a link with some repro mercury glass. There are a couple different votives if you scroll down. Just found it the other day. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Mercury glass

• biochem101
    14 years ago

It's perfect. I'll take it!

Love all the black and white fabrics. And those stools look SO comfy. Amazing, a farmhouse sink I actually want. Now that's a first. (Bookmarking mitchelandmitchel, maybe in my next life...)

Awesome.

• shelayne
    14 years ago

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

Holy cow, I am drooling! I love it all! And I especially like the black and white checks because I have that too! ;^)

I bet you spent weeks just staring at everything. I know I would!

• gsciencechick
    14 years ago

Wow, this is amazing!

• mojo62
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Where did you get the lantern fixture in the breakfast area? Everything is so lovely....

• debbie_123
    14 years ago

This is very beautiful and classy! It looks like a vintage Paris bistro! With a kitchen like this, you don't need the rest of the house, truly the heart of the home.

• skeetie219
    14 years ago

Thanks so much... I found them online already. Can't say tell how beautiful it is!! You should be really happy- also nice to hear what you don't like too. I was considering the glass shelves with a hickey puck light but will re think it

• crescent50
    14 years ago

Can't say enough about your kitchen.... so beautiful and the chandeliers are the perfect finishing touch for such an elegant space.

Quick question regarding the range- i am planning something similar with spice cabinets that come down to the counter and am concerned with space. My range is only 36" and I have 9" on each side but want to make sure I won't regret the decision to enclose the area. Like you, my island is directly behind it and I have even gone as far as to construct 2 block walls with my son's block to try and out and so far, I like it.

I love the look so much I think it may be worth it to lose a little landing space- what do you think??
    Would you do it again?

Thanks so much and congratulations on your beautiful kitchen- enjoy it!

• starpooh
    14 years ago

jeri and writersblock - Thanks so much for the heads-up about the incorrect link for White/Cream kitchens. It was just a typo on my part.
    fwiw.. next time pls email me when you see a problem in the FKB. I don't always check all threads in the forum. :-)
    Thanks!
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category: Cabinets

• jenos
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello again!

Morton5--yes, it is walnut-stained wood behind cabinets (I tried to copy a Christopher Peacock detail)--I don't know what kind of wood it is, but it doesn't look like great quality, the color is right for the island, though.

Mercurygirl--all of the hardware (besides glass knobs at Restoration Hardware) I found at MyKnobs.com. Most were Savannah, I think. I can't find my information on that. Check out the website, it's great!

Hapyfrustrated--I think the mercury glass votives were from Ballard Designs or Pottery Barn (a while ago).

Mojo62--I found all of my lighting at really good prices at Bellacor.com. Then I gave our local lighting store the online price I found and they matched it. It is an outdoor lantern. Can't remember the name...I just did a quick search on Bellacor but can't find it, although I'm sure it's there. Let me know if you need more information, I'm sure I can find the receipt somewhere.

Crescent5--I use the range as landing space, too, as well as the island. Yes, I would definitely do it again--I think it's worth it! :)

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!!

• judydel
    14 years ago

Gorgeous gorgeous kitchen!

I think it's marvelous to see how each classic creamy white kitchen is personalized and unique. I love them all . . . and yours, Jenos in particular.

PLEASE PLEASE tell us the name of your crystal chandys. I've looked on Bellacor and I didn't see those beauties. They are just what I want (especially if they come in ORB).

Thanks for sharing.

• fleur222
    14 years ago

Love the detail.... and how everything works together so well. It is both beautiful and warm! The sink is a piece of art! And the walnut is so rich looking. Did you say where you purchased your chandeliers? I am still deciding on a countertop...It is helpful to see ceasarstone in a kitchen. Inspiring for sure.

• jenos
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Judydel and Fleur222--the chandeliers are not from Bellacor--they are American Brass 4 light mini chandeliers (9102) in pewter. 10"d, 10"l. They do have oil rubbed bronze for sure--they're in our master bath! :) (I should have explained that most other fixtures in our house I found on Bellacor, but these, in particular, I did not--sorry for the confusion!).

• winkwink
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is just spectacular!! I, too, have Baja Caesarstone counters, but I can't seem to find a backsplash I love. Yours may be the ticket. Are you pleased with the blend of color from backsplash to counter, and was it difficult to choose a backsplash??

• lovetoshop
    14 years ago

may I ask where you bought the cute little sign that says HOME above the range. My color is apple green and it would go great in my home.

P.S. LOVE your kitchen! Absolutly Beautiful!

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

Jenos, Just goes to show better late than never! Thank you for posting pics of your stunningly gorgeous kitchen! I just keep looking at each photo and taking in all the details. LOVE IT :)

• polly929
    14 years ago

WOW!!!
    That is one of the prettiest kitchens I've ever seen. My favorite part is the silver chandies over the island, My DH would never go for that.

Absolutely stunning, great job!

• morton5
    14 years ago

I'm admiring again, Jenos, there is so much detail to take in. Please put a coaster under that candle before you damage that gorgeous walnut island!

• missstaceyh
    14 years ago

Woweeee! That is the prettiest sink I've ever seen. There are SO many beautiful elements in your kitchen. A true work of art! Way to go! I will pray that mine turns out so beautiful!

• mojo62
    14 years ago

I emailed a picture to Bellacor, and they didn't recognize the lantern in the breakfast area. Do you have any more info on it? I appreciate your help.

• sayde
    14 years ago

Just saw this -- what an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing this. Especially appreciate you telling what you like and don't like.

Are your cabinets hand-painted rather than factory finished? I assumed so as you were able to specify the SW color. Any special process to make the surface finish durable for the kitchen? I'm trying to decide between paint and factory finish - - --

• kelvar
    14 years ago

I am in total awe. Simply stunning. Congratulations on a job very, very well done.

• macybaby
    14 years ago

This kitchen is so similar to the look I want, right down to the door nobs!

How do you like the "alcove" for the stove? I love the look but was wondering how that is to use.

Cathy

• onelady1dog2girls
    14 years ago

Hello, I am in agreement with all the other posters. This kitchen is to die for!! I am so glad to see the pictures as I am in the process of planning our kitchen remodel.

Can you give me an idea of the price point for Caesarstone? I happened to find a granite called Mont Blanc that looks a little similar, I think it was somewhere in the 70 dollar price range..so was wondering how you would compare. Also, what made you pick the Caesarstone? Thanks again.

Michelle

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

Oh my, how lovely (where have I been that I didn't see this earlier?)

Would you mind sharing where you found the window pulls (they are fabulous).

• ohliza
    14 years ago

That is gorgeous...I'm not a fan of white but the way you did it, I really love it. I really like the stove area, and the island -esp the top, and the built ins...

• marisany
    14 years ago

This is absolutely wonderful! I am going to save a link, because if I ever get around to re-doing our 1984 kitchen (think almond formica cabinets and countertops, edged with dark wood), I am going to copy it. The black-and-white fabrics are so elegant.

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos and specs - very useful for those of us who are not talented in design.

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

wow - what a beautiful kitchen. so much detail -I'd never survive - lol!

"LOVE--all of drawers and this cool corner caddy thing in the lower corner cabinet-it pulls out and is filled with food processor, etc. "

what corner caddy thing in lower corner cab? can you post a pic?

• karena_2009
    14 years ago

I love how you picked easy care surfaces with the countertop and backsplash. I love the tile choice and I'm thinking of doing something similar with my backsplash, too.

Congratulations on a job well done. It must feel really good to just take it in and enjoy the finished kitchen!

• ktam_88
    14 years ago

I have two words to describe your kitchen...beautiful and elegant. You made great choices and will love your kitchen for many years to come!

• aunteemom
    14 years ago

How far apart are your chandeliers over the island?

• crazyone
    14 years ago

i am not a white cabinet nor ornate kitchen fan but i LOVE your kitchen. it seems very elegant yet homey.. fantastic job.

always nice to make a non believer eat crow!

• mercurygirl
    14 years ago

Hi Jenos,

I'm trying to pick a paint color and Rice Grain isn't on my chart. There's a color called Creamy on there and I wondered if you could compare it to that? If not, no problem.

One more question, I'm just curious how much that sink retailed for. Their website doesn't actually show the products.

Thanks!