Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last set of Barker Cabs are in

Posted by lucas_tx (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 9:00

They are on the back side of the DW wall, actually in the breakfast nook. Analagous to the back side of a peninsula.

These are 12" deep base cabs.They have no toe kick since they aren't in a work area, so thought some people might like to see how that looks.

photo IMG_0860_zpsbbac5c36.jpg

photo IMG_0859_zps15aabb70.jpg

This post was edited by lucas_tx on Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 10:41

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last set of Barker Cabs are in

Looks great! Did you add the base or give Barker instructions to add a base?

o

If you look at the Barker cabinets website, you'll see you can buy them with no base at all, with a standard toe kick, or flush. We ordered flush and they come with the front piece of trim that installs where the toe kick would be. You can see that below the doors.

It's also not terribly obvious from the photos but there is end panel on right hand side and we took that down to floor level. And there is a 2" filler on the left, which also goes to floor level. (For those of you interested in all the Barker parts and pieces).

This post was edited by lucas_tx on Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 10:43

o

That looks really good. I have two areas where I'm wanting to use the flush toe kick.

When are you going to show "totally finished kitchen" pics? Huh? Huh? (Although wait a couple weeks; I go on vacation to Alaska this week and won't be back til the 14th.) :)

o

Totally finished kitchen pics? Um....I think you'll be safe going to Alaska :-)

Might have trim, etc. done by then but we're moving pretty slowly getting counters and backsplash figured out.

One step at a time it's coming together, but we knew we would be slow since we're doing it ourselves.

o

Well, that works out great then - I'll have something to look forward to when I get back - no pressure! ; ) Just kidding - but it will be nice to know I didn't miss the big reveal...good luck with the decisions - counters and backsplashes can be a bear to decide on...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here