Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bdaykitchen

Miami-Ft.Lauderdale area cabinet makers?

bdaykitchen
15 years ago

Anyone have any recommendations for cabinet makers in the Miami-Ft.Lauderdale area?

Of course, if you have any other great local resources to share- I'd love to know about them too!

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

susan4664 used a custom cabinet maker in our area. I did a search because I remember her giving out his name and number but it must have fallen off. If you put a call out to her and if she's still hanging around, I'm sure she'll give it to you. If I can find it again, I'll post it. She was very very pleased with the results and her kitchen is gorgeous.

• bdaykitchen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks remodelfla. I will definitely give a call out to her.

BTW- I also think the new double island approach rhome, you & the others have come up with works great fro your kitchen! Please send lots of pics while you are in the process. I can't recall-- have you chosen cabinets? When do you intend to start? It sure is an emotional experience. I just lost my mom on mother's day & since then haven't been able to regain the energy or excitement to really invest in getting things rolling again. I'm trying b/c we want to start this summer while our 7 yr old son is out of school (we've been talking about this remodel since before he was born!)

Thanks & good luck.

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. It is never easy , no matter when or what the circumstance. I lost my parents 6 weeks apart to the day, 7 years ago; and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't frequently think about them. My DH is going to build the cabs himself. Huge undertaking but we have time on our side as we don't live in the house and it can take us as long as we need to get it right at the best cost possible. I'm in love with the layout... it's just perfect for me. You can bet I will be posting pics of the process. This forum has become a lifeline for me!

• susan4664
    15 years ago

I was so excited to see this thread!!!! I will pass on the name of my cabinet maker with great pleasure. Roger's Cabinets in Davie. His number is (954) 584-9876. I will sign back on later when I get home and leave his cell number as well.

Roger is honest, reasonably priced (although even if he was high, he'd be worth it), is a master craftsman, patient, takes such pride in his work and everything was impeccable!! Although he was just the cabinetmaker, he helped me choose granite, advised me on what to tell the electrician, and he kept coming to my house in Coral Springs several times with custom made samples until DH and I finally chose a stain.

He had great ideas and found ways of tweaking things to meet exactly what we wanted. I can't say enough about him. When he was first recommended to us, DH and I went to a couple of homes he had done - kitchens, bathrooms, custom made furniture, and the customers were praising him so much that we couldn't understand. Now, I understand, and I sound like one of his other customers. If you'd like to see his work, tell him you want to see Sue and Bob's kitchen in Coral Springs. He can give you my number and you can come see it in person.

You do need to be patient. We signed a contract with him in June 2007 thinking it would be done over summer vacation as well. Our installation took place in September 2007. He told us it would take 12 weeks and thats exactly how long it took. We went to his shop at the 6 week mark to see the built kitchen and make final adjustments before he stained it. Notice the detail work and moldings and edges. Good luck and let me know what you think of him...

• susan4664
    15 years ago

BdayKitchen,
    I got so excited when I saw this thread that I missed the part about losing your mom. I an so sorry for you and your family. My dad is sick and in the hospital now so I know the emotional turmoil it can all be.

Warm Regards,
    Susan

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

AH-HA! My memory hasn't completely failed me! This time I'm clipping the post so if building our own cabs proves to be a deal breaker for DH and I; I'll have someone to call to save us.

• susan4664
    15 years ago

Remodelfla,

LOL! You are so funny!!!

• susan4664
    15 years ago

Here is Roger's cell phone (954) 260-9489. His name is Roger Romero. Best of luck.

• bdaykitchen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to remodelfla & susan4664 for the great recommendations!

Susan4664- Your cabinets & whole kitchen are lovely! I will definitely give Roger a call. Best wishes to you & your dad. Mine is returning to the hospital Monday for 2nd set of stents (never had any heart trouble till 4 days after we lost my mom). With the earthquakes, floods, tornadoes & sick family members it sure does seem like the earth has just opened up doesn't it? Hope all goes well for you & your family.

All the best.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area