Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless apron front sink installation - install for replacement

Posted by seosmp (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 8:31

Hi,

I have a 33" stainless apron front sink that will be going in a 36" sink base. It will be undermounted.

I thought I'd read somewhere about how to install it in such a way that would make it possible to replace it if necessary in the future. One thing was not having a center stile in the sink base. There may have been something about attaching it differently in the sink base???

If anyone has done this, or knows the correct way to do this, I'd appreciate it! I figure now's the time to get this right to avoid issues in the future (I will have a long run of granite on that wall with a counter-height boxed out window -- so would be a big deal to have to replace that counter).

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless apron front sink installation - install for replace

you should never have to replace it, unless your replacing the rest of the kitchen due to earthquake, tornado or fire...ha!

but seriously, don't worry about or plan for things that are a long shot/problem...the right contractor would know how to replace it if needed(but it would be a pain in the rear) but mention the possibility for the install and that way they can avoid running screws in places that cant be accessed later

most of the bib sinks are made from good quality SS(even the no-name brands, which get re-labeled to brands anyway) And I prefer to build a small frame inside the sink base to hold the weight, which then could be removed if needed and ease the removal of the sink...

o

Thanks!

The cabinetmaker has the sink installation information (it's a Kraus 33" SS apron front) - so is building the 36" cabinet base to those specs. And he is not putting in a center stile in the sink base (per my understanding and the plans, anyway!).

I'm hoping to not have to replace it, but I'm always worried about that kind of thing in general.... just in case! :)

o

Sink setter is one of the brands that has been mentioned here as a device to use if there is concern about needing to remove the sink in future. I don't know if one of their designs will work for an apron front--you could email them to ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here