Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyersdvm

Different Backsplash materials

Megan Meyers
10 years ago

Now it is my turn to obsess over backsplash options. I have at least 10 samples that were either too busy, too white, etc. We ran into issues after templating and laying out my material for vein matching with a laminated edge. Unfortunately there were no more slabs in this light color of Prada Gold to be had. The baking center under the window will still have a 6 cm edge and the granite will run flush into the window as the sill material.

Since I have two different heights and wanted to further differentiate the range wall from the window wall, I am considering using a full height granite backsplash under my cabs on the range wall and painting or doing a subtle paintable wallpaper for the splash on the window wall. I do not have enough material left to do a full height splash on the window wall, too. If I use a single material such as a creamy subway tile, there will be a step in the splash where the two different counter heights meet.

My granite is busy and I love it. I don't want another pattern to compete with it, even if the color is a good match. The splash would not extend past the cabinet at the end of the run even though the counter does.

Thoughts TKOers? Thanks for your input!

Comments (6)