Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beekeeperswife

Posted by motherof3sons (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 8:24

Bee - Inquiring how things are going for you. Based on past posts, you were to close in mid June. Hope everything is okay and you enjoying the new home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beekeeperswife

Has anyone heard from Bee?

o

I'm here!

Thanks for asking. The movers arrived on Monday with our stuff. Very exciting to be reunited with my things. What a thrill to have more than one pot to cook in! Got the kitchen unpacked as they were moving our stuff in. So, it was great to get one room "done". Of course, there is some tweaking to do regarding items and their locations.

Builder still has a punch list to complete. But we are so happy to be out of temporary housing. Here are some pictures.....I'll post more later.

DSC_0085

DSC_0086
DSC_0098

DSC_0084

DSC_0109

DSC_0121

DSC_0120

DSC_0119

o

Just as I expected! Beautiful
Good job Bee

o

soooo pretty! Love the mosaic in the shower and what a fun rug!!! Love it all, Bee!

o

Wow what a stunning home!!!

o

Bee,
Your house is stunning! Love the kitchen,DR and BR! You must be thrilled!
I know we have seen pieces of it but wow,
When you have time, can you post specifications on your BR vanity and maybe even a picture insure the sink cabinet. Heading to update BR next and like what you did and looks about the same length. Is send to me on email but just indicate that you emailed so I check it.
Love that you kept the long mirror run. We currently have this and BR designers keep saying "out" and we say in! Now we can say Bee has it so IN!
Thanks for posting!

o

YAY! Was hoping your silence was just due to fatigue, not problems! Would also love to hear what's new, what's repurposed as everything looks so different from what I remember in your previous home. The windows/doors just fill your rooms with gorgeous light...beautiful...

o

simply gorgeous.

o

Bee-
How stunning! You did such a great job! I love the master bath tile too!
Would you mind me asking for your paint colors? They are so neutral but add so much warmth!

o

Beautiful! Love the colors in the living/family room(?) Can't wait to see more!!!!

o

OH MY....exquisite! Can't wait for more! What a show stopper!

o

OMG your kitchen and home is beauuuutiful!! You must be so proud!! What an amazing job you did planning and selecting for your home!

Sounds like your in the midst of a move and its quite hectic but i would LOVE if you could answer a few questions on your project when you have time:

1. What is the counter/ island surface?
2. Do you have lighting inside your glass front cab's? If so can you post a pic at night so to see what they look like. I noticed you don't have glass shelves in them and wondering how the lighting works ( i am at this particular point and don't know what to do with my shelves- need sturdy like wood but love glass)
3. What is your kitchen faucet? I think I have the same one- is it a Jado?
4. Wall color in kitchen?
5. Can I ask where you got your kitchen chairs? LOVE them!

o

Bee, it's beautiful. Do you mind sharing the name of the art over your fireplace?

o

Thanks everyone. I cannot wait to get all of the unpacking done so I can move on to the fun stuff---decorating. I will try to answer your questions here.

a2gemini--It makes me laugh you want details about that vanity. It is 2 36" vanities arranged so that the drawer stacks from each are next to each other. They are missing hardware, another error on the part of the builder. But they did not give me very good selections to choose from anyway, so I had chosen the lesser of all the evils. But, in the end, nothing showed up. I just asked the guys who are here working on installing some French Doors if I get my own hardware will they come back and drill the holes for me. They said sure. I think what makes the mirror "work" is that I had it go all the way to the ceiling and then have the lights installed on top of it. We also left a gap between the vanity and the mirror because we need to replace the top. This creamy color was as close to white as they could get. I need to do something about that, it does not match any other fixtures.

kamkar2006-The paint color is BM's Gray Owl. It is in the off white colors. Absolutely love it.

enright5-
1. Super White, it is a quartzite
2. We will be installing the lighting under the cabinets and inside of them soon. We are going to use the LED lights that are on a tape, they will run up the front face of the cabinets, no lights across the top. The shelves are not touching the front face of the cabinet, there is a little space to put the lights.
3. The big one is Kraus, the island is Brizo Solna, and the beverage sink is Rohl Triflow
4.Kitchen walls are Gray Owl, the cabinets are a ML Campbell lacquer--the island is London Fog, and the perimeter is ???, the lightest color on that strip.
5. The chairs are from Overstock, they are by Safavieh. Still deciding if we need a 6th one or not. They still carry them. Except for the table, we did not buy any furniture for the house before moving in, we felt we needed to see the space first. They are very comfortable.

Again, thanks to all of you for your nice comments.

Bee

o
tracie.erin

tracie.erin---sorry, we must have posted about the same time. The lady with the bird art?? Hah, it's a Home Goods picture. I've had it a few years now. It was in my dining room at the last house. I kind of like it in this room now, well, so far.

Bee

o

Everything looks so awesome, Bee! Can you share info about your bathroom tile? The floor is gorgeous. Is it marble? And tell me about that mosaic in the shower....I am loving that!

o

HI lindsay, the bathroom tile is from Mission Stone & Tile. Same place the arabesques were from.

The specific tile name of the floor tile is VIDA DOLCE Calacatta Porcelain (mine are 18x18 tiles), and the mosaic in the shower is Imperial Trellis- Calacatta/Lagos.

the trellis:
http://www.missionstonetile.com/collection/45-Specialty-Mosaics

Here is a link that might be useful: the floor tile

o

Hi,
What color are your cabinets, I know you answered this already but is that a paint brand ? Also are they glazed?

Once again your place is absolutely stunning !

o

Congratulations on moving in, and wow, so beautiful!

o

Thanks Bee!

o

I can't you've built a house and moved in in less time than it took me to do my kitchen. Just don't so it again while I work on my bathroom (forced to start now that dirty water came through the ceiling recently -- YUK!). ;-)

I know it was hard to leave the last house, but I think you're doing okay with this one. I really enjoy your style and have not been at all unhappy to watch you put together a new kitchen or home. Great job. Enjoy!

o

Gorgeous - Every inch! I love it.

o

that rug - gasp!
Thank you thank you for so generously sharing your homes and your process.
Can't wait to see more photos as you finish unpacking.

o

Soooo beautiful Bee!! Can I ask where you got your family room rug??

Everything is breathtaking!

o

Wow! Everything is beautiful. We're going a little less glam in our house, but now I'm wishing I could have taken some design tips from you. Love that rug and mirrored tables! And of course those sparkly light fixtures look amazing! congratulations!! :-)

o

Thanks again. You all are so sweet.

The rug was from Hautelook.com I want to do the room with white/cream chairs and turquoise accents with some orange. Dying to use these orange curtains from Zgallerie.

Photobucket
I just ordered them in the gray for the bathroom since they seem to look like the tile trellis tile. I'll "visualize" them in the orange once the gray ones arrive.

geomeg, that is the name of the catalyzed lacquer company's colors. If you google ML Campbell....you will see what I'm talking about. I am not sure about all the details. But I do believe a lot of cabinet people use this brand of catalyzed lacquer. They are not glazed.

lascatx--been in that lonnnng renovation cycle myself. I think it was a full 2 years to get the last kitchen actually finished. In fact there were a couple of details that were completed right before listing it. When friends heard "we" were building a whole house, their only comment was that they hoped someone was building it for us because according to their calculations, it would take us at least 11 years to get it built. LOL

o

What a lovely, serene and classy home you've created! Love Overstock chairs and those are really nice...

Just wonderful... you've earned the adult beverage of your choice!

o

Your home is absolutely beautiful!

And we have the same taste in rugs. I just put that same rug in my living room last week. I love it! I am doing turquoise accents too.

Love everything!!

o

Love the comment that you're going to "start" decorating. It already looks staged, and you're not even unpacked yet.

o

LOL Marcolo--those are just "thoughts" you see....

and chitown--did you get the rug from Hautelook? If not, where did you get yours?

deedles--that would be sangria...
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

o

I'm coming to your house. Assuming you have an extra pitcher.

o

Wow Bee, it's absolutely perfect!

Your kitchen is so pretty, and then seeing the bathroom, well, it's just over the top.

Heading out for sangria now.

o

Simply exquisite!

o

marcolo--see you soon

o

GORGEOUS! And the sangria doesn't look to shabby either.

o

Wow, it looks fantastic. The kitchen is gorgeous and the chandelier is perfect over the island! What are the dimensions of your breakfast room?

Your master bath is gorgeous! What are the dimensions and where did you get that stool by your tub!

Can't wait to see more pictures.

o

Your style is lovely. I love the bright sparkling colors in those cool serene rooms. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing those curtains up.

o

snbtwins--the breakfast room is 10 x ~14.5; That stool by the tub is "auditioning" for the role. It is a repurposed end table from the living/family room. And if you look closely at the photo from the BH&G shoot, you will see it pretending to be a stool at the counter.

Thanks again y'all

Saturday am.....off to buy undercabinet lighting. Last day of the sale.

o

You got your stuff on Monday and you posted these pics on Thursday?!?! Where are the piles of emplty boxes? And full boxes? I find unpacking is like Christmas and takes me sooo long. I'm flabbergasted.

Wow, your house is just stunning. I want to hire you to help me. Especially love your turquoise rug. And your lighting. And...

Hope you enjoyed the sangria - looks delicious.

o

You've done a great job. I love the tile in the bathroom.

o

That really is a beautiful home. You've done a great job. I agree with the others... you home looks like that and you moved in Monday? What? Will you help me come unpack my new home when I'm in it? It will take me months to have it looking like that! :) And decorating? It already looks decorated! Can't wait to see it then. I love your use of color. Very bold and pretty.

o

Absolutely stunning house. Can you please tell me Bee the size of your kitchen (not including the eating area?). I am struggling with a 16" x 10' size. Thanks! Tami

o

Bee, your home is spectacular. Best of luck. I can't wait to see more. Thanks for always being willing to share or comment. I have so enjoyed reading everything you post since I've found GW.

o

Drop Dead Gorgeous! Enough said....

o

Bee- I agree that we all need to stop by for a glass of sangria to savor that gorgeous kitchen.
I will bring some of my yogurt muffins!

LOL on the bathroom cabinets. How did you get the drawers to clear the plumbing? Did you have to move some of the plumbing. Did you have do cut down a drawer to clear the sinks? Or is the top drawer just a facade. Is the countertop corian?

If you saw any of my kitchen posts - I created a his and her cave in the sun room - so the drawers would allow his and her drawer banks!!!

Is the sink cabinet a standard height?

Thanks and enjoy a glass of sangria for me!

o

Bee, everything looks amazing!! Wow. Hope you have time to get some soaks in that gorgeous tub.

Love the RUG!

o

Gorgeous!!!! I know you impeccable taste but still.... Perfection!

o

Each and every room is so beautiful. Love, love, love the dining chairs!
Thanks for the tour..gorgeous as I knew it would be!

o

bump

o

hey a2gemini, the bathroom vanity is higher than what I have ever had. It's just a stock cabinet, nothing custom. I guess it's more "master bath appropriate", personally, I'm not used to it.

Thanks again for all the nice words.

o

love it, bee!! that kitchen is stunning. And I love the Gray Wisp. I think you need to have a GW housewarming party!

o

Great job Bee.

Congratulations to be back home! I sure know how good that feels, even with guys in your house every day working on punch list items.

You had replied to my post about over ovens vertical storage. I liked the way yours looked - with the wider slats & the cut-out to allow room for your fingers/hands.

Have you unpacked items into that cabinet as yet? If so, can you post a picture of it with items inside?

Also, have you been using that cabinet? If so, do you have any helpful comments/info? Likes? Dislikes? Changes you would make if you could?

Thanks & Enjoy!

o

Thanks bee. Love the stool and it is perfect in your bathroom!! Do you have a family room opposite your kitchen? Any pictures?

Thanks again!

o

Thanks bee. Love the stool and it is perfect in your bathroom!! Do you have a family room opposite your kitchen? Any pictures?

Thanks again!

o

Oh, I am so happy to have found this great group of kitchen designers! Bee, I love your kitchen! Due to the other rooms in our home, I have decided on dark cherry cabinets. But I would love to do a counter like yours and the beautiful arabesque backsplash! I live in MD. and am having trouble finding White Fantasy. I that what you used? If I can't find them, does anyone know of a quartz (like cambira, etc) that may look like the quartzite? Since the cabinets are dark, I want to keep everything else light, simple and classic. I have been driving myself crazy over this decision and my DH is both frustrated and worried about me. Please help!

o

Hi Bee!

Can you share the name of your chandy and where you purchased it? Thanks!!

o

WOW!!! Your home is gorgeous! Can I ask you a few questions?

1. Are you a designer?
2. If I ever win the lottery can you design my future house? Lol

You have a really beautiful, elegant home. Enjoy it!

o

jamrock, I was unpacking as the movers were bringing it in! The cabinet over the fridge is a "work in progress". But here are some photos

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love that it's tall enough that stuff can stand up in it. I thought it would have been shorter with the stuff having to run front to back vs standing on the short end. I guess having the stuff lay on the longer side would allow more room above the vertical storage for other stuff. But I do like this.

pipdog, it's Gray Owl. I love it. And I should have a GW housewarming party. Maybe the same day as all the subs come so you guys can "help" them do their jobs better.

snbtwins, yes, I have a family room in the same space. Unfortunately there was a problem with the rock on the fireplace. We wanted a very modern, tight stacked rock, full of right angles. The non English speaking installers had another opinion. It looks like a 5 year old did the installation. So not only is is wrong, it is done badly. I have it disguised as much as possible. The removal of it was requested. Haven't heard back yet. We want to do an architectural tile on our own. I have my eye on some white quartz...But if you can avert your eyes from the fireplace, I'll show you some pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

berardmr-the chandy is a Schonbek, I bought it at a local lighting shop, floor display, incredible price. Really a steal. I didn't live in MD, but I was close. It is White Fantasy, aka Super White. It is not easy to find. I used a fabricator in Kennett Square PA for both this kitchen and the last. (Stone Masters Inc.) The fabricator around here used to pull from Bramati Marble in MD. Check them out.

Shed-I hope you do win the lottery! And no, I'm not a designer. I do help friends out though. Would love to somehow do something along those lines. My dh says that we really cannot afford for me to only decorate our house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bramati's marble selection

o

wow, how gorgeous!
and count me in. when i finally move i'm going to be asking for help too!

o

Beekeeperswife -- We are all loving your photos of your beautiful kitchen and new home. Best wishes with getting settled into your gorgeous new home.

o

Everything is gorgeous, and I am particularly enamored with your rug.

o

Thanks Bee!

o

Thanks for posting the pics of the inside of your over oven cabinet storage Bee.

o

Your home is absolutely beautiful!

o

Oh my, your new home is gorgeous Bee! Your kitchen is "to die for."
Love the orange accents.

And that aqua and orange rug? I WANT!

Can't wait to see more pics. I love how you decorate your spaces.

o

Two words....simply gorgeous! I love how your baby blends in with the sofa.

o

Hi Bee - like all the other comments - I am in love w/your home & design style. You should def go into this line of work. Your husband's comment made me lol. I want an an invite to the housewarming sangria muffin party :)

Do you refer to the dining area as the brkfast nook. I was curious about the size & saw u referenced it earlier. Can you also post the size of your kitchen area, your cooktop info - mfg,size, is it all one unit w/the stainless bk splash/hood? Also, what is the mfg/size of your refrig? SO elegant. What is the area used for on the side that is closest to the living area?

I hope u still continue to post even tho u have completed your plan. Starta design blog !!! Continued success & happy living to you & your family. Thank you soo much for your generosity!!

o

Thanks for the virtual house tour! Looks beautiful! I am sure you are enjoying it more and more each passing day as things get unpacked and lived in.

o

Wow! Wowza! Bee, everything is so gorgeous! Love it!! You did an absolutely amazing job!!

Is that a Rohl three lever faucet in your kitchen? Do you like it? I'm considering one for my main kitchen sink as we only have one hole in the sink. (A prep sink will be in my next remodel.) What kind of water filter do you have, and how do you like it?

Again, beautiful job!!

o

Go figure-- the breakfast room is 10x 14.5'; the kitchen is 15' along rang wall, and I don't remember the othe dimension off top of my head, maybe 18 or 20'?; the range top is a 36" blue star w/ a high back and shelf. We had a piece of ss cut to put behind it so that there would not be any need to tile above it an under the hood; the fridge is a 36" subzero--all fridge. The area to the right us the beverage area.

Jenny-yep that's a rohl 2 handle triflow faucet. No water filter hooked up yet. But looking forward to that! Not sure if the amount of splashing is from the faucet or the sink. We have the water pressure turned way down too.

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments! You guys ate the best. I'm typing on my iPhone, excuse the typos and auto-corrections!

o

Can't believe I'm just now seeing this!!! It's all so gorgeous!!!!! Did you decide on a backsplash yet? My Arabesque just came in from FedEx a couple days ago. Thanks to you and fellow GW TKO'ers for helping me win the gift certificate. So excited to install them - but so nervous! Hope they look okay with the quartzite!

o

I hope so too! They are on my short list as well! Cannot wait to see pictures!

I did show you photos of the installation process, right? And not trying to have them installed row by row, but rather it's an angled type of install. Let me know, I can email you pics if you like.

o

Can I ask who makes the Arabesque tile you used in your last home? Thanks!

o

I did find a link of you installing them at an angle with one photo on it, almost like a triangle. Is that what you are talking about? I made sure to save it when I knew we would get them. If you had any more pictures though I'd be grateful for you to email them! I can send you my email. The way things go around my house though, is it will probably be fall by the time they are installed too! Hubby works long hours and only has weekends to do projects and we have too many going on at once. As I type, my beautiful tiles are sitting on the pallet outside :( How long would you say it took you to actually install them?

o

enright, they are from Mission Stone & Tile.

slush, I can send you everything I have. email me at beekeeperswife at gmail dot com

Took much longer than we thought. But in hindsight, it will go faster a 2nd time. Reason being now we know that they don't have to fit tight like a puzzle because the grout actually goes down and covers the edges of the tile. And the angle installation was key on the speed too.

Took 2 full days to do the last kitchen. Started at 10 am, went to 12:30 am (lunch and dinner breaks) had to quit when it dawned on us the wet saw at midnight might not be such a good idea. Up early next day, finished afternoon. That included grouting.

o

WOW! Your entire home is so well put together! I would like to ask you about your master bath. The mosaic in your shower is stunning-just the perfect touch to tie the bathroom floor and shower wall together. Did you surround it with 6x6 or 12 x 12 tile? Also looks like the shower floor is maybe 1x1? Any chance you could share info and point me in the right direction to purchase the tile? . One more thing..appears as your main floor is laid on the diagonal. Did you manage the pattern to flow in one direction or go random? Thanks!

o

Thanks ppalm. Let's see if I can answer your questions.

The mosaic is outlined with a 1/2 round tile that matches the field tile which is just a generic builder grade white glossy rectangular tile..maybe 6x8? . The floor is 2x2 squares, in matte. Not sure where that came from but it isn't anything special, probably Florida tile or Daltile.

The floor is laid on the diagonal. The tile setter was a ding-dong. I told him to just mix up the pattern, I figured it would tax his brain the least.

The mosaic tile is from Mission Stone & Tile in Nashville, and so are the floor tiles. They are 18x18.

I'll post a link below directly to the floor tile. If you look under specialty mosaics you can find the shower feature panel tiles.

Bee

Here is a link that might be useful: MS&T Calacatta Porcelain tile.

o

Bee~Thanks for such a quick and thorough response! Just came back from the Ben Moore store with 8 different samples of gray and 3 blue to try in the room. :-) Homework, bath, kid to bed then off to paint the bathroom! The life of a mom!

I took a look at the MS&T site and ordered 4 of the 18x18s and a sample of the trellis. You used white grout I am assuming? I borrowed a gorgeous piece of daltile 18x18 honed calacatta gold form our local tile shop which I had plannned to use on my floor-but it has this huge scratch running down the middle that keeps warning me of the delicacies of marble-and yours looks so beautiful-and porcelain is so carefree- I just have to at least give it a look.

Thanks a million...and by that I mean a few thousand if we opt out of the marble! Ha!

o

Bee~ The tiles arrived today and I have to tell you they do not disappoint! Thank you so much for sharing your treasures and connections with others. Would you be able to tell me the length of your shower and how many mosiac pieces you used to create the trellis inset? Looks to me like 5 across and 4 down? Thanks again.

o

Bee. OMG...eye candy...home porn...absolute perfection.. Woooo....I need to sit down... I need that cocktail!

I posted a thread a few days requesting some of your kitchen pics because I saw references to your soon to be completed kitchen in other threads. You were kind enough to comply and it was beautiful. Now I see more of the kitchen (and beyond) here and I'm shell shocked. It is drop dead spectacular!!!!

Love EVERYTHING. I could move into your home today and not change a thing! Fabulous. Where do live; can I have it? Oh come on, with your talent you could whip out another incredible home in no time. Give it up! :>) Agree with the others, you could be a designer. You need your own design show and I neeeed to watch it!

Anyway hope you don't mind a few Qs from someone who is just starting to think about a remodel and wishes you could just do it for me.

-Your cabinets. Custom? Can you please tell me what wood species and color, and were they painted elsewhere or on site? I so want a white kitchen this time around and they aren't popular here so no consensus on the material or paint process and it's very frustrating.

-What are your floors? Beautiful wood and color.

-Are you going to do a backsplash? If so, do tell what it will be!

-The colorful rug? Love it! Can you share any info on that? I want it!

-Last but not least. Just wondering how long it took you to complete your home. Don't know if you moved across town or country or if it's new or a remodel, I'm just curious how long it took you to do the kitchen, baths and interior design? Is design a passion for you, always dabbling, researching products, materials, trends and then you put your knowledge to use when the time comes or do you just turn it on when it's project time? Does it become a full time job? Do you typically have a solid vision for what you want before you begin?

Seriously.... incredible work; I can't believe you're an "amateur" and I'm just trying to get a feel for how you do what you do!!

Thank you for sharing!

o

ppalm, wow, that was fast. I need to send an email....I asked for some samples last week. I think she forgot. :( I'll have to get in touch. I know they are incredibly busy. My mosaic is 3x4. So 12 sq feet. Inside the mosaic I used Silver Shadow, just like the floor for grout. The white tile has permacolor bright white. Glad you like the tiles. They are gorgeous!

island, wow, you flatter me. You also make me laugh. I'm glad you like the house. It was a new build. We moved about 2 hours from the last house. Let's see if I can answer your questions.

They are custom, by Dutch Wood. The perimeter is a very light gray that reads white. The island is a gray. They are maple, painted at the cabinet maker's shop. It is a catalyzed lacquer.

The floors are just generic oak. Prefinished, from Mohawk. The color is Saddlebrook.

The rug was from Haute Look

The build took a little over 4 months. Since I quit my job when we moved this was my full time job to catch all the mistakes and get them fixed as we went along in the process.

I hope to get some sort of business up and running doing something with my creative side...stay tuned to see what happens with that.

And yes, I have a general vision, but a lot of stuff comes to me as I see things progress.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can email me at

beekeeperswife at gmail dot com

Bee

o

Your home is beautiful. Can you share what kind of shower doors you have?
Thanks.

o

Thanks Bee for answering my Qs and for providing your email. Just love those floors; nothing "generic" about em! The cabinet paint info is very helpful too.

Look forward to seeing any of your future projects. Enjoy your new home and I too hope your job hunting leads you to something where you can use your masterful creative skills!
If your ever start blogging,sign me up yours is one I'd follow.

Oh... one Q you didn't answer, and I appologize if you answered it before and elsewhere and I missed it. Nag, nag, nag... Are you going to do a backsplash in the kitchen?
It looks beautiful and completely finished as is, but now that I've seen your previous kitchen with the arabesque, was wondering if you have a plan up your sleeve to do more for this new one??

Thanks again for the info.

o

kippee, I have no idea what shower door that is. Not being being a smarty pants but all I know is "it's frameless". lol

island--the backsplash is still up for discussion. ...stay tuned. :) Was that your email?

Bee

o

Absolutely stunning. I can't believe how gorgeous this is. Congrats!

It gives me hope, that one day I too will be unpacked in my new kitchen.

Our demo was in April, months later, one GC bit the dust, now we're doing it on our own (with subs and trades) and it's finally moving along.

Love your gray owl, and your super white! We are doing super white (actually ivory supreme, almost the same) in our master bath but it's just gorgeous in your kitchen.

One strange question: - do you wash all your dishes/stuff as you unpack your kitchen? I do which takes forever to get set up!

Enjoy....

o

Thanks Bee. Staying tuned for sure. No I haven't emailed.

o

Bee - I have question regarding your kitchen!

My plan is also a U and it calls for similar upper cabinets where there is a blind corner in both upper corners.

I was wondering if you had any fancy corner storage units in your uppers, or if you just put seldomly used items back in that corner?

o

OMG, that IS stunning!

Four questions:

1. What is your bathtub (brand/model or name/material)?

2. Is it one-piece or two-pieces assembled during installation? I ask b/c we removed the old and nasty bathtub that came with the house but it is very hard to get another tub through our 30" bathroom door.

3. You have crown molding only in the kitchen but not other parts of the house, is that correct? That is an interesting concept. I thought I was "obligated" to keep it everywhere. :-(

4. Your kitchen cabs are painted, right? I really need the name of your cabinet maker. :-)

Thanks!

o

Oh, I see you have already answered the cabinet question. Sorry about that. :-)

o

Bee,

Would you mind answering my questions (except the one about cabinets)?

Thanks!!!

o

Hi Bee, I have viewed this thread many times and all I can say is To Die For! So so lovely!

I noticed that you said you painted your trim in SW High Reflectance White. Is that the same color use used on the ceilings? If not, could you tell what the ceilings are painted?

Thank you!

o

Sorry, I hadn't seen the last few posts here. And there were questions. Apologies.

1. Nothing special about corners, especially uppers: they are dead space- we didn't need the room so we eliminated them.

2. Bathtub is from Vintage Tub, the "Mammouth", maybe?

3, crown moulding is part of cabinets

4. Ceiling is not the same color. I don't know it's name, but it is aSW paint color from their white brochure...it looks a bit gray compared to other whites on chart, from what I recall.

o

Hi Beeskeeperswife,

I know this is an old thread, but if you get this can you tell me what is the name of your pulls.
Thanks.

o

Hi Bee, love your house, it is stunning! Sorry for bumping this thread but I'm sure many others here also love to look at your home over and over again. :). I was wondering if you would tell me the height of your great room ceiling with the coffered? Thank you so much!

o

Hi Bee, I also have a question about your pulls. I recall that they are Amerock Highland Ridge in PN if I'm not mistaken. Wondering what size you went with? I was going to do the 3" or the 96mm (3.77") for the drawers, and the 160mm (6.3") for the pantry door. But also wondering what knobs you selected.

Thank you!

o

Bump

o

Blackchamois-I have seen bee on the decorating forum recently. You might want to give her a shout out over there?

o

Autumn - Thanks! I will try her there! :)

o

Sorry, I didn't see this when I popped in here yesterday.

BlackChamois, the pulls are 6 3/4" and 8.5" (outside, end to end). And they are the polished nickel.

Only the drawers next to the range and under it have the longer ones, all others have the 6 3/4". Even the freezer drawers, the dish drawers too.

And I know this was asked a long time ago, but the ceiling height is 9' on the first floor of the house.

Happy Holidays to All!

o

Thanks Bee! Can you also tell me what knobs you used? The coordinating HR look chunkier than what you have. I'm wondering of you used knobs from a different line.

Thanks again!

o

How unimaginative and lame am I? They are the matching knobs. I don't think I even saw them irl before choosing them. Just said to the cabinetmaker, "I'll take the knobs that match". Every now and then one decision is quick and easy.

o

Bee, did you tell us, sometime ago, that you are available for consulting? I need you! Is there a way for me to contact you so that I can learn about your services and fees?

This post was edited by dccurlygirl on Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 14:25

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here