Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can I squeeze in a bar/prep sink?

Posted by lisapoi (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 7:42

We are planning our kitchen renovation. In the early stages we spoke to a KD who suggested we consider a second sink. Our kitchen is relatively small (11' x 11' roughly), with a sliding glass door virtually along the length of the kitchen opposite the proposed island.
Because the kitchen is small, we immediately dismissed the idea of the second sink (we are desperate for more counter space).
But, now that I am reflecting on the design, I'm wondering if a small sink might not be really useful (for draining pots, etc.), especially near the stove, since trying to access the main sink means a few steps an a bit of a corner (the island corner).
(The end of the kitchen opposite the stove wall will be opened up to the dining room.)
I know that if we do get a second sink, it will have to be small. We are looking at a Franke undermount sink (USC SK600) 15.25" x 9" x 6" interior, which will fit a 15" cabinet. Do you think this would work for us, or should we just forget about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can I squeeze in a bar/prep sink?

Here is a rough drawing of the whole kitchen. There is a on either side of the stove and surrounding counters, as well as behind them. The wall line didn't show up when I posted the image.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here