ie: Pasta bowls

Thank you!

Comments (20)

• LoPay
    10 years ago

Easy to reach and purdy.

• finestra
    10 years ago

I store them in a drawer under the microwave drawer. I don't have a photo - sorry. But it is a very deep drawer.

• ginny20
    10 years ago

I keep some large bowls and platters in the cupboard above the fridge. I have my daily use salad bowl and some too-wide-for-the-uppers soup bowls in a deep lower drawer. I keep the salad spinner and a box grater in the same drawer, so it's like a "salad drawer."

• hlove
    10 years ago

On shelves (I've added more bowls since this pic):

• lmsscs
    10 years ago

Stacked in a pull out shelf right now. New plan will have them in a drawer.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

I was so tired of stacking bowls but hadn't planned for the serving bowls I like to use daily.

Vertical storage dividers were the right solution for us, along with deeper upper cabinets (18").p, which we already had as part of our renovation (deeper 30" countertops). Lately we retrofitted our uppers with these. We purchased these but DH says he could have easily made.

Elbow grease. Take the time to plan out where you will put everything in your current kitchen. The task seems overwhelming but it's really the only way to plan for the new space. Or said differently, measure twice, cut once.

Love, love, love these. I smile every time I put the bowls away. These are in the cabinet to the right of the stove and near the dishwasher.

This is why I love the kitchen forum. When you come up with a fabulous solution, it's so nice to share with others.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Oldbat2be, where did you purchase those dividers? They look very functional and don't take a lot if room!

• rosie
    10 years ago

That IS a fabulous solution, 2Be. I love it--one shelf space divided vertically. Absolutely terrific!

• 1929Spanish
    10 years ago

I added a cabinet to hold the bowls. When this picture was taken, I was waiting for two more shelves. It has since been cleaned up, but you get the idea.

Here it is in context.

• ccfuss07
    10 years ago

oldbat2be- where did you get your spice racks? I love them!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Ccfuss07 - Home Depot (supplies) and DH for the rest :). (Thanks, I showed him your comment and he loved it).

Below is a link to a good thread about vertical storage, in which I link to the dividers I purchased. We found that you will need to cut these so why not build what you need in the first place? They're not inexpensive and as we retro fitted multiple cabinets, it wasn't long before DH was creating required parts.

Hlove, what a fun kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to vertical storage thread

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

PS - thanks Rosie!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

PS - thanks Rosie!

• ccfuss07
    10 years ago

Sorry to hijak this thread, but oldbat2be- could you share how he made them? Were they difficult to do? They are exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not to handy and DH is worse than I am!

• ccfuss07
    10 years ago

Sorry to hijak this thread, but oldbat2be- could you share how he made them? Were they difficult to do? They are exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not to handy and DH is worse than I am!

• kam76
    10 years ago

These are all great ideas, never thought to store them vertically! 1929Spanish love your hood. What kind is it?

• 1929Spanish
    10 years ago

@kam76. Thanks! The hood is Modern Air. I was lucky enough to find it on EBay from a local seller who purchased it and changed her mind.

• hlove
    10 years ago

Thanks, ob2b!

• doonie
    10 years ago

Your thread got me thinking. I need legitimate serving bowl storage that's convenient. In planning the kitchen, this wasn't even on my list of needed items. So there you have it. Lots of great ideas in this thread! I'm thinking of adding a free standing piece of furniture to my eating area to store the serving bowls. Right now they are scattered in 4 different locations, 2 of them outside of the kitchen!