ie: Pasta bowls

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please show me where you store your large serving bowls

Easy to reach and purdy.

o

I store them in a drawer under the microwave drawer. I don't have a photo - sorry. But it is a very deep drawer.

o

right now I have mine in a corner upper. its actually a decent use for that cabinet, everything else I have in there is a huge mess and gets lost.

Not sure where I'll put them in my new layout, bc I don't want a corner upper anymore.

o

I keep some large bowls and platters in the cupboard above the fridge. I have my daily use salad bowl and some too-wide-for-the-uppers soup bowls in a deep lower drawer. I keep the salad spinner and a box grater in the same drawer, so it's like a "salad drawer."

photo P2040346.jpg

o

On shelves (I've added more bowls since this pic):

o

Stacked in a pull out shelf right now. New plan will have them in a drawer.

o

I was so tired of stacking bowls but hadn't planned for the serving bowls I like to use daily.

Vertical storage dividers were the right solution for us, along with deeper upper cabinets (18").p, which we already had as part of our renovation (deeper 30" countertops). Lately we retrofitted our uppers with these. We purchased these but DH says he could have easily made.

Elbow grease. Take the time to plan out where you will put everything in your current kitchen. The task seems overwhelming but it's really the only way to plan for the new space. Or said differently, measure twice, cut once.

Love, love, love these. I smile every time I put the bowls away. These are in the cabinet to the right of the stove and near the dishwasher.

This is why I love the kitchen forum. When you come up with a fabulous solution, it's so nice to share with others.

o

Oldbat2be, where did you purchase those dividers? They look very functional and don't take a lot if room!

o

That IS a fabulous solution, 2Be. I love it--one shelf space divided vertically. Absolutely terrific!

o

I added a cabinet to hold the bowls. When this picture was taken, I was waiting for two more shelves. It has since been cleaned up, but you get the idea.

photo P1010330.jpg

Here it is in context.

photo P1010327.jpg

o

oldbat2be- where did you get your spice racks? I love them!

o

Ccfuss07 - Home Depot (supplies) and DH for the rest :). (Thanks, I showed him your comment and he loved it).

Below is a link to a good thread about vertical storage, in which I link to the dividers I purchased. We found that you will need to cut these so why not build what you need in the first place? They're not inexpensive and as we retro fitted multiple cabinets, it wasn't long before DH was creating required parts.

Hlove, what a fun kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to vertical storage thread

o

PS - thanks Rosie!

o

PS - thanks Rosie!

o

Sorry to hijak this thread, but oldbat2be- could you share how he made them? Were they difficult to do? They are exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not to handy and DH is worse than I am!

o

Sorry to hijak this thread, but oldbat2be- could you share how he made them? Were they difficult to do? They are exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not to handy and DH is worse than I am!

o

These are all great ideas, never thought to store them vertically! 1929Spanish love your hood. What kind is it?

o

@kam76. Thanks! The hood is Modern Air. I was lucky enough to find it on EBay from a local seller who purchased it and changed her mind.

o

Thanks, ob2b!

o

Your thread got me thinking. I need legitimate serving bowl storage that's convenient. In planning the kitchen, this wasn't even on my list of needed items. So there you have it. Lots of great ideas in this thread! I'm thinking of adding a free standing piece of furniture to my eating area to store the serving bowls. Right now they are scattered in 4 different locations, 2 of them outside of the kitchen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here