Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexmomof3

ugh! major oversight when i ordered conestoga rta cabinets.

lexmomof3
10 years ago

Never make any assumptions when ordering anything, especially cabinets. I assumed that the opening of the refrigerator cabinet would be plenty large (tall) enough to fit a "standard" refrigerator. I didn't see the opening height specified when I ordered so it didn't occur to me that it might be too small. It's only 68"! The refrigerator I ordered is 70" tall and from what I can tell, that is the standard refrigerators for most refrigerators today.

The cabinet is at the end of a run of cabinets and is 96" tall. All uppers are 42" tall. Any suggestions? If not, I guess I need to figure out how to tell hubby (and builder) that I'm going to have to re-order this cabinet. I was thinking that I could raise the whole cabinet 4" by adding a piece to the bottom and wrap the bottom with base molding to hide the extra piece on the bottom. I would just want to make sure it's stable. I assume that the cabinet sits on the legs but is mostly secured by attaching the top cabinet to the wall. This would, of course affect the overall height and crown which is why I think 4" might look ok, giving it a multi-tiered look. Any other suggestions?

Comments (6)