Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
super white quartzite owners

Posted by golfer57 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 3:56

hi,

i just had super white installed in my kitchen and i havent had it sealed yet...can anyone with this sw recommend a sealer? i know some people dont have problems with etching and some do so if you do recommend a sealer can you let us know if your sw etches..thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: super white quartzite owners

While I do not have mine installed yet, our fabricators will be sealing it with Dry Treat. I know there are a variety of options out there. A lot of people also use StoneTech and Miracle 511. Those are most often recommended on GW.

o

Golfer - Sealing has nothing to do with etching. Sealing only protects from staining (which you also need). Nothing protects from etching.

o

between stonetech or 511..anyone prefer one over the other or are they basically the same...

o

Your fabricators should seal it.

o

He is going to seal it but has recommended 511 or stonetech. He had no preference. He has never worked with super white before. It came out great but he did say he felt it was softer than granite I guess I'll just go with the stonetech.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here