Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melanie1121

Thrilled with your granite choice for Cherry Pecan Cabs? Photos?

melanie1121
15 years ago

Hi, I am purchasing Cherry Pecan Cabinets. Was wondering if anyone chose similar cabinets and was happy with the granite combination they chose. Photos appreciated.

Thanks,

Melanie

Comments (15)

• boxiebabe
    15 years ago

My cabinet are cherry wood with a medium brown stain. Not sure if that's what you're after, but here is my granite, and I AM thrilled with it. It's called Emerald Pearl. These pics were taken while still under construction.

>"

">

• janran
    15 years ago

My cabinets have not yet been installed--but they're Medallian Sonoma Cherry Pecan--and I chose Black Impala granite, which is grey/charcoal color--very monocromatic. I'm certain I'll like it, since I don't really like swirly light colored granite. (I wish I could say the same for the other stuff I chose. I don't feel as confident about the floor, backsplash and lighting fixtures!)

• suzatwork
    15 years ago

I don't have mine installed yet either, but cabinets are cherry with a truffle stain - medium brown. I've gone with a lighter granite called New Ornamental. It's similar in color to a New Venetian Gold (a little less of the caramel coloring in it) but has some movement. I don't even have a sample of the slab, but will post a picture when it is installed in a few weeks.

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

Here's my Gold and Silver granite:

A closer look:

I also have 2 other cabinet colors-- a dark dark brown and a cream. The granite looks great with these colors also.

• susan4664
    15 years ago

I'm thrilled to have peacock green granite with my cherry cabinets. I love the richness of the dark countertops and cabinets, with a medium light backsplash between them.

• sal35
    15 years ago

I will be using medallion cherry pecan perimeter cabinets with oyster (pale yellow/cream color) island cabinets. My granite will be a light golden beach (found many variations with this name). Kitchen should be done in couple weeks.
    lsandler - I like your tile backsplash - do you know what it is called? Thanks.

• cubby14
    15 years ago

I have Medallion Cherry Pecan cabinets which in this picture look a lot more orange than they really are with Russian Sable granite.

• franki1962
    15 years ago

Were happy with the "look" of our darker granite, cherry, pecan/chocolate glaze cabinets and our lighter chiaro marble backsplash. We looked at greenish and reddish granites before going with this.

• carol9999
    15 years ago

to franki1962 : what kind/brand of cabinets do you have? thanks

• jtsgranite4us
    15 years ago

We have cherry cabinets and chose Vyara Extra granite. We have very happy with our choice.

• cindyinsocal
    15 years ago

My granite jsut went in yesterday. It is a very dark slab of Madura Gold. (lots of red in it and deep gold, but hard to see in the pics)

• fern76
    15 years ago

Our Cherry cabs with black glaze finish and blue graphite granite. I saw the granite first and built the kitchen around it...

• frankginakay
    15 years ago

Susan, I think that your kitchen is what I am looking for. What type of stone is your backsplash? I do love your Peacock green granite with the cherry cabinets. I am trying to add something dramatic to a somewhat boring log cabin.

• catamount90
    15 years ago

Frankie, what is your granite called please?

• janran
    15 years ago

Franki's granite is Blue Brazil. I was wondering the same thing, so I searched on Franki's name and came upon his Finished Kitchen post. There's also a link to more pictures. It's a beautiful granite, isn't it...especially with the cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frank & Jasmin's Nearly Finished Kitchen Post