Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crg2mls

anyone order Sensa granite from e-counters?

crg2mls
14 years ago

I'd like to know if anyone has dealt with e-counters. I have found they have the best price on Sensa granite.

~Thanks~

Comments (12)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Why Sensa? Just curious.

• crg2mls
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dh only wants presealed.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

But any fabricator can seal granite if it needs it.

• karena_2009
    14 years ago

I am a Lowes' customer and originally I was going with Sensa granite. The problem with the Sensa granites is that you are pretty severely limited in your selection as there are about 8 different slabs that they carry in the program. I kept hearing over and over from people in the granite business that Sensa was really just a sealer and most found it hard to believe that it would really resist stains for 15 years. It's hard to determine how much is true versus the hype for the product.

• nc_cowgirl
    14 years ago

Thank you karena!

• karena_2009
    14 years ago

No problemo! Good luck on whatever you decide :-).

• vrjames
    14 years ago

.02 worth

I AM in the industry as many of you know.

Sensa and Stonemark have made a place in the stone busines by feeding on the "fear" of granite staining.

Some granites have staining issues. Cashmires, Ornamentals, St Cecilias due to their density and water absorption rates. Most granites are dense enough that staining is not really an issue. Think of the difference between silk and denim. Both are cloth right? Don't you treat them the same? What if you treated Denim like silk just because it was a cloth?

Our issue in the industry is some fabricators do not educate themselves in this regard, and seal everything. Some send care notices with their care kits telling people they must reseal every 6 months, (the guy that put my kitchen in 7 years ago, and a customer of mine, does this. His office lady sent me a courtesy reminder in the mail.)

Crg2mls, to pay the premium "extra" that e-counters, Lowes and Home Depot get for their product to use the fabricators and installer that offer them the lowest possible bid is silly to me. Just to get it "presealed" when all reputable fabricators are sealing the stone with a very good sealer.

• nc_cowgirl
    14 years ago

Well, that's interesting! thank you vrjames! I think that was at least .10 cents worth and worth every penny!!

• weissman
    14 years ago

Another thing is that you can get one of the "indestructible" granites such as blue pearl or ubatuba that usually don't need sealing. I've had blue pearl for 8 years and it never stains or etches. I bought it just for the looks but I'm really pleased with its performance.

• Pat Chaffie
    7 years ago

I have a sensation granite countertop and it seems to have little pits in it..anyone else have this problem?

• User
    7 years ago

Normal. Most granite is not glass smooth. If it is, then it's been filled full of resin, or has a really tight crystalline structure like Absolute Black.