Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thepeppermintleaf

Kitchen Update w/ Pics ~ New Ideas Welcome :-)

Here is an update on our kitchen! It has taken us a long time to make it this far (we are building the rest of the house ourselves too, so the kitchen is just one part).

Stuff that's mostly done (basic, will post more details in final reveal post):
~Cabinets- We made the cabinet boxes from prefinished plywood and a CNC machine. We had a wonderful Amish cabinetmaker make the hickory face frames, doors, drawer fronts, and maple drawer boxes.
~Hinges/Slides- Blum undermount soft close
~Appliances- Capital natural gas range, samsung fridge, ge advantium microwave, bosch dishwasher, viking hood insert (will be covered w/ a wood hood which we are making)
~Floor- Tarkett Fiberfloor in a color which is now discontinued.

To be decided (suggestions welcome!!!!) :-)
~Countertop - Either Wilsonart laminate in a white color (Carrara Santorini) of Granite? We have not made it to the granite place yet to get prices.
~Sinks- depends on the countertop we choose, I really would like the silgranit in metallic gray
~Hardware- leaning toward Emtek pulls in a silver color
~Backsplash- ? not sure, although we saw some nice rectangular ming green marble tiles at the tile store. I want to keep the counters and backsplash simple because there is already a lot going on w/ the knotty hickory.
~Valence/No Valence - We already made a rectangular piece of hickory for the valence, I was thinking of attaching it to the wall instead of flush w/ the upper cabinets. That way it might connect the uppers without sticking out so far...(need to put it into sketchup to see)

Some pics (the original design pic which some of you helped w/ are in the same photobucket album)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath