Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pricing of caesarstone?

Posted by joebayarea (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 08 at 0:45

How much should I expect to pay per square foot?
or is it by linear foot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pricing of caesarstone?

bump

o

The estimate we got (in central Texas) was $70 fabricated and installed (that doesn't include a $200 charge for the undermount sink). That was with a standard edge also. We got almost the same price for soapstone so we're going with soapstone (to be installed tomorrow! I'm excited but nervous.)

o

Factors that make a difference in pricing include location (#1 factor) whether 2 cm or 3 cm material is used, edge treatments, how many cut outs and the type and mounting specifics of the sink. The material itself runs about $60-$90 a square foot, depending on color class. The only way to know specifically what your kitchen counters in any material will cost is to get specific complete quotes from fabricators. Here, "average" kitchens cost between $4-5K. not including the sink, faucet, disposal, or other items mounted into the countertop. Your location and material costs will obviously be different.

o

we were quoted $75/sq. foot for 3cm caesarstone jerusalem sand, polished.

o

I paid $80 per sf for 3cm, pencil edge - 3 years ago.

o

The Caesarstone we got the $70/sf quote for was 3 cm, honed Raven, with only the one sink cutout for an undermount sink. The material would have been in 3 or 4 separate pieces if that makes a difference.

o

sw I'm so jealous - we're in boston (hence my name) and I priced raven honed from 10 different stores...the lowest was $80/ft installed, the highest $110/sf!!!

o

Thanks all for the rough idea.
But can someone please tell me what the first response
"bump" meant. Did I ignore some protocol or something?

o

"Bump" means someone is posting so the thread will move up, "bumping" it up. They didn't have an answer (or would have answered), but were doing you a favor so more people would see your thread.

o

Hi joebayarea,
Any progress in your research you're willing to post? I'm looking for it in the Bay area too. I am actually considering using it for a full backsplash depending on pricing.

o

Does anyone have a clue about Caesarstone's Concetto collection? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the White Quartz Concetto but heard that it is $600 a sq.ft!! Any truth to that?

Here is a link that might be useful: White Quartz Concetto Collection

o

If you are in the Bay Area, you might actually want to head to San Leandro, there is a Ceasarstone outlet there, call ahead to make an appointment. My husband and I went several weeks ago and saw some slabs (didn't have the one we loved in production anymore---the peppercorn--we went with granite). They might be willing to sell it to you directly and save you $$$. You could also ask them if they recommend any fabricators.

o

Hi Californiaem,

can you let us know the name of the casestone outlet in San Leandro?
Thanks

o

Here u go..
2500 Teagarden Street
San Leandro, CA 94577

o

We used the highest end stuff, needed 2 slabs, and did a mitered edge. We paid $5500 I think, for 60 square feet. Obviously cost was not much of a factor for us -- we knew we were splurging, and wanted a fabricator with a good reputation.

We are in the East Bay area, in Pleasanton, but our fabricator is up in towards Benicia/Concord. Email me privately if you want me to track down the fabricator's contact information.

If you are uncertain that you will be happy, let me reassure you that we love ours, and we have had no problems with staining, etching, or chipping at all. Our seams are absolutely invisible. We love it!

o

Are you a Costco member? If so, check out their website (search for "countertops" on the home page). When I looked into it they were much cheaper than the big box stores around here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here