Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question on length of gilmore pulls

Posted by michelle16 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 0:22

It;s very late, and my brain is fried right now!! Got back from dutchwood today and saw some of my doors and the detail in my shaker door is not what I thought I picked, and now I am trying to figure out pull sizes and I could really use some help! I think I'm going with Cliffside Industries appliance pull for my frig and pantry door. I also like their latches, does anyone know what size latch, are there diff. sizes for them?? And for the Restoration hard gilmore pulls, should I just do the 4" they are actually 4.41 long for all draws? or if the draws are longer like 26" would you do the 6"pull?? I feel like I can't make another decision, I'm loosing it! Thanks in advance! Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question on length of gilmore pulls

Funny, I was just looking at the Gilmore pulls a half hour ago! I'd say it depends on how dominant you want the pull to look. I think a 6" pull on a 26" drawer would be a very strong look, pretty hardware-dominated. I looked at my 24" drawer and held up a 6" box in the center to see how it would look. I personally would go with the 4" pull, but you might be looking for something different.

Did you see that they're on final sale? I might be wrong, but I think this might be the pull that had a lot of complaints here a while ago. The screws were not long/strong enough to hold the pulls on well if I remember correctly. Do a search on this forum before you order. That might be why it's on final sale (which it has been for a long time, BTW.)

o

I used 6" Gilmore pulls on my drawers and doors....full inset, some 24", some 18". I liked the beefy look of them. Here's a lousy picture of the incompleted area, but may give you some idea anyway.
scullery/butler's pantry area

o

used gillmore pulls all 4", pics below. small cab drawers are 19" across, the big bank is 30", all inset.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

addendum. as referenced above the screws that come with the are total crap. i had to pay a CO to my GC to get one out of a cabinet and to source new ones. be warned, replace screws that are actually usable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here