Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
why are kennedy latches so cheap??

Posted by michelle16 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 0:12

I read a blog where they listed the best companies to duplicate Christopher peacock's look. One of the hardware companies was Kennedy, and the latch is the style I love where the knob sticks out further, but it was only 10.19!!! Why so cheap??? it said cast brass, does that mean it is not solid brass??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: why are kennedy latches so cheap??

I would assume they just found a cheaper place to make them (read China). Cast brass is the same as solid brass. They pour the brass into a casting mold to make the latches. $10.19 is still a pretty high price considering how small the parts are and how many you will need, though a good deal for sure. You might want to order one to see if the quality of the casting is as high as you want. The reason some places charge so much for latches and knobs is because they have a stricter quality control process which a lot of the somewhat defective ones get remelted down and recast, which adds to the price.

o

thanks!! I am going to order one from kennedy and one from rejuvination. Do you have any idea what size most people get? there are 2 sizes, like 1 3/4 and then another alittle over 2?

o

I think it is really up to personal preference on the size. You should order one of each size and then put them up to your cabinets and see which one you are happier with. Good luck!

o

Maybe it's just the material to make the soild brass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here