Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
River White Granite or Quartz Mix?

Posted by mbts (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 0:06

My head is spinning trying to figure out countertops. We will have a white/off white perimeter with a cherry island (stained either walnut or mahogany). Trying to decide if river white granite everywhere is the way to go or perhaps a bolder granite on the island and a very subtle quartz on the perimeter (beige or light faux marble).

River white is attached.(would probably do this everywhere)
Also considering bianco romano or alaska white island with a pental lattice quartz perimeter.

Plan on doing a nice backsplash too...probably more options for that if I choose a simple quartz rather than granite on perimeter.

Any input would be appreciate!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: River White Granite or Quartz Mix?

Like you, my perimeter is soft white and the island is cherry. I went with River White granite over all cabinets. I love the way the lines flow in the river white and the little specks of garnet really pick up the cherry in the cabinets. While it is not a bold granite, I think that adding another granite to it would be too busy and detract from it. I get lots of positive comments on it.

o

That's pretty granite. I also like River White with cherry - but your cherry is going to be stained dark, right? Nevertheless. I think any of the granites you're considering would look good. Aesthetically, it's just a matter of which you like best, which pattern best passes your Sweeby test. Functionally, you might want to test samples of the ones in the running to see whether they stain easily.

o

I love River White; in fact I had ordered my quartz, but ever since I saw River White I am debating making a change.
I don't know anything about its durability compared to other granites.
In a layout like you describe, though, I would be inclined to use it throughout. It has just enough pattern but not too much IMO--but I really dislike very bold, busy granites.

Bacin0, I would love to see a picture of yours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here