Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

Yippee! Backsplash paralysis has ended well...

momto3kiddos
10 years ago

I did not have a hard time choosing anything for our new house until it was time for the backsplash. I had even already described myself as a "granite girl" not a "backsplash girl" when I started shopping for tile, but in reality, finding the right look, color, pattern and feel was much harder than I expected. Then a weekend in Chicago shopping at all of their fabulous tile places and I was utterly confused. Eventually I found the right tile... Pratt and Larson 3x6" subway laid in herringbone pattern. After waiting a month for it to arrive, I told the tile guy that I wanted it in herringbone on a 45. He had a few sq ft up when I walked in and it was run vertically and horizontally, so. He pulled it down. Then I laid it out on the counter to show him what I wanted. I walked around the house making a punch list, then came back to see a vertically running herringbone where the visual zig zag was top to bottom, so I asked him to change it once again. It is now fully installed and I am thrilled with it! I thought you guys might like to take a peek. I will post full kitchen pics once my new pendants are installed. Thanks for all of your feedback along the way.

Comments (18)