Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
topkicker

Touchless Kitchen Faucet AC power/No batteries!

topkicker
9 years ago

I am in a tireless search for a nice quailty touchless kitchen faucet. Everyone we look at is battery operated only which is a deal killer for us since we AC power just waiting for one under the sink and batteries seem such a waste for such an item IMHO.

Money is not deciding factor just nice quality and nice design. I prefer a stainless pullout sprayer as I had a Moen Aberdeen in my last home and loved it.

Help!!!!!Who makes a touchless faucet that is AC powered?
Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)

• andreak100
    9 years ago

Topkicker - why don't you use rechargeable batteries for it if you can't find one that plugs in?

I'm figuring that they don't make them that way because not everyone has electrical outlets in their sink base.

• topkicker
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Already do rechargeable batteries in two other items and really don't want to go that route. I know the are made but seems my searches only return delta and Moen items that use batteries.

• julia42
    9 years ago

Moen Motionsense has a power adapter, too. I'll bet Kohler and Delta offer them also, they're just sold separately.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Power Adapter

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

The sensor faucet that comes with a power adapter is Kohler's Sensate. The Moen faucets have 2 different flow rates, 2.0 gps for sensor operation and a reduced flow for manual. The link has a bit more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: No Touch Sensor Faucets

• brightm
    9 years ago

In case it's helpful, I've only replaced the batteries in my Delta once. I got mine shortly after they came out. How long has that beeen? 5 years-ish?

That being said, I'm looking for a better 'feeling' (quality) faucet this time. If we don't end up with touch or the like, I'll miss it.

Grohe seems to have a battery one too, but I haven't read good things about it.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

Why not get whatever faucet you want and use the tap master to have touch less control w/ no power required at all?

• topkicker
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments. Are Delta, Moen, and Kohler the only ones doing handsfree? All the searches seem to only bring these 3 up.

Julia42 its amazing consumers are more educated than sales people at the stores. We asked multiple places about the Moen and everyone told us they only offered batteries. Thanks for your link, that helped a lot.

Cal_quail- That is exactly what I am looking for a better "feeling quality". I would like to be different is possible.

beagle- I am not a tap master person. Great concept, just not for me.

a2gemini- I looked at some Chicago websites are they only commercial?

• Amy Sumner
    9 years ago

Top, we have the Moen MotionSense with the AC adapter plugged in under the sink. Love it. Strangely I have not noticed any difference in the flow rate between the manual-on and the sensor-on. Others have complained of there being a significant difference. Not in mine. I love our faucet. One of my favorite things about the reno.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Only Kohler and Moen offer sensor faucets -- completely hands free.

Delta, Brizo, Grohe and others offer touch faucets -- which are battery operated and must be touched or tapped.

These are not the same.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Touch

• topkicker
    Original Author
    9 years ago

rococogurl- Super helpful!!!! Thanks for the vid. That is information I needed!!!
    Thank you! THANK YOU!!!