Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for cabinets like this--but not as pricey!

Posted by fallingwaters (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 23:57

I have been searching for shallow depth base cabinets and finally found these at pottery barn. I need four or five and don't want to spend a ton.
here's the link, I'm looking specifically at the one on the bottom left.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/build-your-own-modular-bar-components/?pkey=e%7Cbase%2Bcabinet%7C7%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C7&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH::NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules

thanks if you have any leads for ones like them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for cabinets like this--but not as pricey!

Your link

Here is a link that might be useful: Your link

o

Found this plan for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wine Grid base

o

thanks, that's very helpful. I don't have the skills or tools or place to even attempt such a project, so will have to buy them premade. I'm just trying to balance being thrifty with getting that precious storage space!

o

I haven't been to your link yet, but I have several different depth cabinets.
My kitchen & MB are normal 24" deep.
My window cabinets (sent to me in error) are 21".
My kitchen credenza are 21" and
My MBR wall of cabinets are 18" deep.

I either collected bathroom cabinets for the 21" depth, (made, which doesn't count for you) or ordered them from THe Cabinet Joint.com when I had the money. Slow going for me, but you don't need that many.

Just some ideas.
Sometimes you gotta pay for what you want.

o

The PB ones are pretty darn reasonable priced actually, because they're import. In my cheapest cabinet line in oak that can do what you're asking about, a 6"W wine cubby that is reduced in depth to 18" is $460. For a 6"W cabinet. Not kidding. If you were to be OK with the standard 24" depth, you could save the $120 charge to reduce the depth, and that 6" cabinet would only be $340. And then you'd still have to screw a series of them together to be wider than 6", and apply the toekick.

Now, the 18"x18"x18" X shaped "wine cube" that we show on the end of our island here is only $260 in oak, but you'd still have to join them together, create a toekick platform, and apply toekick.

I'd suggest you buy a few tools and learn how to use them. Really. It will save you a lot of money in the long run. It's not as hard as you think to be able to do the plan linked above.

o

we live full time in our rv, so I'm being honest when i say we have no place to stash tools, nor a place to use them. I've been calling around for a week trying to get a carpenter out here to get this project done, but so far no one will come this far out for such a small job,
a trip to a home depot type place is an all day event, so i really do require premade cabs like the pottery barn ones.
i have a call into a cabinets to go place, and am still looking for ones like the pottery barn ones at a better price. if i cant find them in another week i'll bite the bullet and order a pair and finally get some items out of boxes and out away--YAY!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here