Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warm Spring Granite- thoughts? too busy?

Posted by southernmum (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 23:40

I found this slab today for our island and it just spoke to me! It's a little busy, perhaps, but I think it's interesting. Plan for the kitchen, so you know how it will all fit : the perimeter cabinets are a slightly glazed white finish, and the perimeter will absolute black granite. Then the island is a distressed walnut island and the granite will be this Warm Spring slab. Kind of wanted to make the island be the focal point of the room. What do you think? (No clue about what back splash will be with the absolute black granite...) Thoughts about this latest plan? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warm Spring Granite- thoughts? too busy?

I think it sounds fabulous!! I have a very similar plan for my remodel. Beautiful stone!

o

Granite can never be too busy for me, and I love, love this slab. I'm having a block right thinking of walnut's exact color, but It sounds like a gorgeous kitchen.

o

Appropriately named, it appears as though a stream is running through it. Just gorgeous.

o

I think the distressed walnut and this stone will look fabulous together! They will definitely be the focal point of your kitchen. I can't wait to see it.

o

Love it! I'm going with about the same color palette with a walnut island as well, can't wait to see your reveal!

o

Gorgeous stone. I don't think it is too busy, it's just beautiful.

o

Keep in mind you won't be looking at the granite from the angle (on edge) as you seen in now. It will be flat.

Beautiful.

o

Thanks so much! I, too, really love this slab! Oh, and my apologies -- it's actually called White Springs, not Warm Springs. Thanks so much for all the input here, I really appreciate it! :)

o

Wow! That is a knock-out! I just love it!

o

Gorgeous slab....how about using it for the backsplash as well.... would look great against the white cabinets and black counters...

o

Joanie, beat me to it! Just what I was going to suggest....assuming you have enough left over from that slab. If not for your whole BS, how 'bout for behind the stove?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here