Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting Ideas for Small Kitchen

Posted by katiemc02 (My Page) on
Sun, May 26, 13 at 23:39

Hi,

We are finally done with the demo and installation phase of our DIY kitchen (minus the backsplash) and on to the finishing touches like lighting and hardware. I'm having a really hard time with the lighting. We have a small 9 x 10 kitchen and two lighting fixtures. I don't know if I should do two similar lights with different sizes. Or one pendant light in the middle of the room and a multi-pendant light over the sink. I would love any suggestions and/or pictures of what others have done. In terms of style I really the Harmon and Benson style pendants from Restoration Hardware. I just don't know how to use it in the kitchen with another light. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting Ideas for Small Kitchen

Don't forget the under-cabinet lighting. Ceiling fixtures alone are not enough light, even in a small kitchen.

To see how to design kitchen lighting, follow the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Designing Efficient and Effective Kitchen Lighting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here