Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash help for chimney-style Brick Stove Surround

Posted by ccasanova (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 22:53

36" Capital Culinarian range has been ordered from Trevor. We built the brick around the stove to mirror the fireplace on the opposite wall of the living room. It hides a 1200cfm Eurostoves/Modernaire hood. I wanted to keep the backsplash the same as the fireplace, but the firebrick is both too thick and porous. Countertops will be leathered absolute black. Pictured is a cream stone tile which is close to the glazed cabinet color. My questions are:
1. Should we use the cream tile, matching brick pavers or something else?
2. Will the brick and/or tile be difficult to maintain?

Thanks in advance. This is our last big decision. This forum has been wonderful for ideas and research. It has cost me thousands of extra $,$$$'s upfront, but I'm confident it is money well spent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash help for chimney-style Brick Stove Surround

Opposite wall in living room

o

Teal blue/green glazed island. Sorry for the messy pic. Trying to give a complete picture of the space.

o

I have brick around my range and down the entire wall, but have 27" of cabinet and filler between the range and the brick wall. So far the inner walls don't look any different than the outer walls, but I'm pretty sure we're pulling around 1500-1800 cfm with the hood and we run it almost every time we cook. That being said, there is no way that I would put it on a backsplash. Our brick is really rough too, and requires a scrub brush to actually clean splatters. I've debated on whether or not to seal it at least on the inner walls, but have yet to do so. I just shop vac with the brush attachment or use a broom to dust off the cobwebs every couple weeks. I think of all the things that I've dealt with choosing, trying to settle on a wall color and backsplash were the hardest due to the multiple colors of the bricks. I wasn't sure if a small subway type tile would be too busy with the brick, but I'm sure others can chime in. I'm 99.9% sure that I'll be using a pink marble tile for the backsplash. I think the polished surface will be a nice contrast against the rough brick, and I think the colors coordinate well with my brick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here