Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small galley kitchen colors

Posted by itstime2014 (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 14 at 22:49

hi all, ok, its small 8' x 10' and 43'' between refrigerator door and cabinet opposite, hope some of you were sitting down when you just read that. its worked for me and its what I'm working with. I've picked out shaker door cabs in a cider maple finish and will extend red oak floor from small, theres that word again eating area into kitchen. I've really fallen for a marble mosaic backsplash. my choice for countertop would be absolute black granite which would also pop up on the 12'' between stove and refrigerator and the top of the cab in the corner. stainless steel sink. my question(s) then are what color appliances. stainless to match the sink? white to pick up the marble. black to pick up the countertop. is white too jarring with the black poking up here and there? should i just switch to a lighter/white granite counter top and go that route with white appliances? wall color is leaning to pale sages. thanks for your time, advice(other than to just move) and thoughts. dave

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen layout

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small galley kitchen colors

heres the cab color. thanks, dave

o

Beautiful cabinet color. I'd personally go with the black counters and stainless appliances, as long as you understand they won't be easy to keep fingerprint-free.

o

I would go with stainless appliances.

o

Everything sounds nice for your space. Same response here -- go stainless. It will reflect light so will help to lighten the kitchen. Also agree with prior posters that like the black counters with your wood cabinets. By the way, enjoyed your running commentary. You have quite the sense of humor.

o

I too like stainless with the wooden cabs and black countertops! My kitchen is almost the same but I only have about 36" for an aisle between the cabinet runs.

We chose the same look for just about everything, except I chose Ikea white shaker cabinets and a black stone look resilient vinyl tile floor. My counters will be Black Alicante laminate, which looks like a black marble or soapstone. I'm on a small budget! I agree about the stainless being tough to keep fingerprint free, especially if you have kids.

We have excellent taste! :) Mine should be done next week (except the backsplash) if the counters come in and I'll post pics then.

o

many thanks to you all for your thoughtful replies. your input has helped me decide, stainless steel appliances it will be. glad you enjoyed my attempts at humor, texasgal, I've found it's really helped to be able laugh every now and then during this kitchen project.

o

I believe I learned it here - try wd40 for cleaning stainless steel. It works!

o

I love the color of green. My favorite paint is benjamin moore. They now have an eggshell finish that is washable. I put it in my bathroom--it does clean well. I will be using it again in my kitchen. One of my favorite green colors is Classic Khaki from ben moore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here