Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

New Kitchen Tool--Life Changing

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

Julienne Peeler. Never heard of it. My daughter pointed it out to me.

Instead of dragging out the mandolin and then having to clean it, this took about 2 minutes to do this to two zucchinis.

Wow. (I know some, if not al,l of you already knew about this tool. But I had no idea!!)

Comments (14)

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a close up of the tool.

And that 2 minutes I estimated, included the washing, cutting off ends, getting out the bowl...the peeling was really much quicker!

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

wow.
    I like that!
    My Cuisenart "stem" disintegrated a few years ago and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. I used it all the time to grate things.

I think I see another... tool ... I need ... to complete my tools. Along with my power tools...

• scrappy25
    10 years ago

Ok I just ordered one, thanks for the tip! I love my microplane grater too, much easier than pulling out the grater.

• Debbie Erfer
    10 years ago

Oh- I want one! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Whoa! That's cool! That's a tool I would definitely use. Where did you get yours? Thanks for sharing, Bee!

P.S. maybe I haven't been around lately as much, but I don't feel like I've "seen" you around in recent days. Hope all is well!

• sail_away
    10 years ago

I just recently discovered this tool, as well. I had seen it on a cooking show, but now I can't remember which one. Actually, now that I stop and think, I believe it was on a local morning talk show that I rarely watch. They, too, used it for the zucchini to use instead of pasta.

• zackin
    10 years ago

Never heard of it and now I need to have one. Bee, can you tell us which brand you bought? Amazon has about a dozen brands, and I can't tell whether one is better than any other. Thanks.

• rosie
    10 years ago

Thank you, Beekeepers. For reminding me. I just went and looked--yup! Bought one of those, put it away in the back of a full-extension drawer and forgot all about it. I'm planning to transform my life today too. :)

• labbie
    10 years ago

I have one of those! Love it, and just wanted to throw out there to be extra careful- maybe it's just me but I've managed to cut myself one or two times. Maybe I get a little over-enthusiastic about my julienning :-)

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

And the best plain peelers are the same sort of design. I've always called them "D" peelers, because that's what they look like.

Here is a link that might be useful: peeler

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Typing On phone, so being brief...

Mine was from Marshall's. or TJ Maxx. I just went with a comfortable grip. They had several there.

Breezy, yep I've been busy. My business is starting to bloom, I find when I pop on GW I head straight to kitchens to read, but have been sharing some projects on Home Decorating. You should email if you want, beekeeperswife at gmail dot com

Bee

• justmakeit
    10 years ago

I had no idea how badly I needed this. A few days ago, I spent about 45 minutes cutting carrots into julienne for a salad! I was nosing around on Amazon for a better solution, was thinking about a mandolin, and now have happily ordered one of these instead. Thanks for the tip!

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

thanks for sharing! my mom had picked up one of these from an asian market stall on vacation for less than $1. she has been babying this thing for a few years but it is all rusty. i didn't know they had them here too! think i will have to get her a replacement in stainless steel!

• LoPay
    10 years ago

Beekeeperswife your photos are beautiful. I take a lot of pics of my food. I coworker was emailing me pics of his ribs from his patio this afternoon.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!