Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Kitchen Tool--Life Changing

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 22:44

Julienne Peeler. Never heard of it. My daughter pointed it out to me.

Instead of dragging out the mandolin and then having to clean it, this took about 2 minutes to do this to two zucchinis.

Wow. (I know some, if not al,l of you already knew about this tool. But I had no idea!!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Another photo

Here's a close up of the tool.

And that 2 minutes I estimated, included the washing, cutting off ends, getting out the bowl...the peeling was really much quicker!

o
RE: New Kitchen Tool--Life Changing

wow.
I like that!
My Cuisenart "stem" disintegrated a few years ago and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. I used it all the time to grate things.

I think I see another... tool ... I need ... to complete my tools. Along with my power tools...

o

Ok I just ordered one, thanks for the tip! I love my microplane grater too, much easier than pulling out the grater.

o

Oh- I want one! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

o

Whoa! That's cool! That's a tool I would definitely use. Where did you get yours? Thanks for sharing, Bee!

P.S. maybe I haven't been around lately as much, but I don't feel like I've "seen" you around in recent days. Hope all is well!

o

I just recently discovered this tool, as well. I had seen it on a cooking show, but now I can't remember which one. Actually, now that I stop and think, I believe it was on a local morning talk show that I rarely watch. They, too, used it for the zucchini to use instead of pasta.

o

Never heard of it and now I need to have one. Bee, can you tell us which brand you bought? Amazon has about a dozen brands, and I can't tell whether one is better than any other. Thanks.

o

Thank you, Beekeepers. For reminding me. I just went and looked--yup! Bought one of those, put it away in the back of a full-extension drawer and forgot all about it. I'm planning to transform my life today too. :)

o

I have one of those! Love it, and just wanted to throw out there to be extra careful- maybe it's just me but I've managed to cut myself one or two times. Maybe I get a little over-enthusiastic about my julienning :-)

o

And the best plain peelers are the same sort of design. I've always called them "D" peelers, because that's what they look like.

Here is a link that might be useful: peeler

o

Typing On phone, so being brief...

Mine was from Marshall's. or TJ Maxx. I just went with a comfortable grip. They had several there.

Breezy, yep I've been busy. My business is starting to bloom, I find when I pop on GW I head straight to kitchens to read, but have been sharing some projects on Home Decorating. You should email if you want, beekeeperswife at gmail dot com

Bee

o

I had no idea how badly I needed this. A few days ago, I spent about 45 minutes cutting carrots into julienne for a salad! I was nosing around on Amazon for a better solution, was thinking about a mandolin, and now have happily ordered one of these instead. Thanks for the tip!

o

thanks for sharing! my mom had picked up one of these from an asian market stall on vacation for less than $1. she has been babying this thing for a few years but it is all rusty. i didn't know they had them here too! think i will have to get her a replacement in stainless steel!

o

Beekeeperswife your photos are beautiful. I take a lot of pics of my food. I coworker was emailing me pics of his ribs from his patio this afternoon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here