Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need backsplash help, please...

Posted by suzy770 (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 22:33

We are almost done our new kitchen, Thank G-d. But I am having trouble picking a backsplash.
Cabinets are amber/nutmeg custom color and granite is crema bordeaux. I'm thinking either very very pale green glass subway tiles (bring out the light green parts in the granite) or dark burgundy or brown tiles.
Anyone have any ideas??? PLEASE???

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need backsplash help, please...

I would keep it neutral and bring color in with paint and accessories. Pick one of the neutral tones in your granite. You may not love burgundy in a few years...

o

http://www.naturalstonesourceoutlet.com/_/rsrc/1336083743575/kitchen-countertops/Crema Bordeaux Island.jpg

I like this.

o

Can you tell me your budget in $/sf?

It is a very pretty space. You've made some lovely choices. Right now the whole room is neutral. In fact, every surface is a slightly different shade of brown. It's like looking at a color strip with wall paint at the top, followed by floors, counter and cabs. And there's nothing wrong with that. You could choose a brown or a pale green and it'll look fine. But instead of enhancing the crema in your stone, you could highlight the copper, amethyst/garnet-y, or the smoky grey/black colors. Here are some other colors for you to consider.

Blacks/Greys

Coppers

Amethysts/Garnets

o

Eam, so glad you said that. That is what I originally wanted to do- either dark grey or bring out the rusty like your last one, but at the tile store, with my samples of the granite, wood and floor, they were sceptical about those colours. I think the dark grey or rust is very nice and adds a lot to the kitchen. Thanks so much!!! :) Can you tell me where the last one is available? What company etc.?

o

I like #4 golden colors or the last red brick tones. I would suggest painting the backsplash first with the color to see if you like it before taking the plunge.

o

Isn't it a beautiful color? I'm excited that you WANT color. This is a glazed ceramic tile made by Solistone in a color called Russet. I liked the depth of color (saturation) and the gem stone-like hue. It comes in 6"x 6" squares ($4.30 per tile, so $17.20/sf) that you could possibly mount on the diagonal, or the 3" x 6" subway tile ($2.81 per tile or $22.48/sf) that would look fantastic either stacked, in a running bond, or in a herringbone pattern. You could choose to mix formats as well. I think it would be lovely in your space, and Solistone makes beautiful hand glazed tile. Definitely buy samples to get an idea of color variation. The prices I'm quoting are from one web site. You can look around for this tile elsewhere (sears, wayfair, amazon) and possibly find it at a better price. There are also trim pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Solistone Subway

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here