Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzy770_gw

aqua lift self clean-not self clean

suzy770
10 years ago

The saga continues...
It is obvious to many people who have posted on the internet and through testing by Consumer Reports that the aqua lift technology is not a SELF cleaning process. In actuality, it requires "elbow grease" and manual scraping with the sponges provided. Depending on the spill, it may require much more work than if one was able to use a regular oven cleaner.
Maytag/Whirlpool offered me the following solution: they sent me a "special" cleaner and more sponges to help in the manual cleaning of my self cleaning oven.
On Maytag.ca, it specifically states: "Get your oven clean in less than an hour with odour-free, low temperature AquaLift⢠self-clean technology. The innovative coating on the oven interior, activates with water and heat to release tough, baked on soils from underneath so food and debris easily wipe away."
This is false. I scraped, cleaned and ran the "clean cycle" 3 times and it is still very dirty and greasy.
Therefore, I have filed a complaint with the Canadian government consumer affairs and the more complaints they get, the better.
Please send in your complaints by filling the form at http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GHÃÂ T-7TDNA5.
If anyone knows the complaint form for the US government, kindly post it.
Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Canadian Consumer Affairs