Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (28)

• francoise47
    11 years ago

I'll post just one picture so that everyone can see how warm and lovely your kitchen is:

{{!gwi}}

• 6inthefam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

francoise47 -- thanks! Very kind of you. We are really enjoying it.

I guess I didn't do that very well....
    How about a link to the album, is that better?

Here is a link that might be useful: finished kitchen

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Yes -- that works. Now everyone can see all the pictures. Thanks!

• willtv
    11 years ago

I'm usually a painted cabinet kind-a-guy, but your wood cabs are some of the nicest I've seen.
    I especially like the storage area beneath the window.
    Great job.
    What's the floor?

• taggie
    11 years ago

Very nice kitchen! You did a great job. Can you share some details? Cabs? Counters? Sink and faucets?

Thanks, and congratulations on your lovely new kitchen!

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Your kitchen looks great and I love all the windows. I bet you get some nice light in there.

• colorfast
    11 years ago

You have created a very beautiful space. I can't pick a favorite thing--I think it is tied between the wood choice you made--very pretty--and that awesome windowseat. Nice!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Simply beautiful!

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

Very nice kitchen! Indeed, it looks very warm and inviting! I like the choice of backsplash!

What is the paint color on the walls?

Enjoy!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Very nice. Love how warm it looks. I really like the splash. Good job!

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Yes, as others have said, the calm warmth of the kitchen is very appealing!

Here is a picture of your banquette nook area. Many will want to see, and take inspiration from, the way you managed to tuck an eat-in area into your kitchen.

{{!gwi}}

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Such a lovely place to eat, cook, and live! Congratulations on a warm and inviting kitchen. Enjoy!
    I love the windows and your banquette.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Beautiful warm space. I particularly like the crown molding.

• rosie
    11 years ago

Yes, calm and warm, and intimate. I like the way it blends together and just seems a nice place to be. BTW, WillTV and I are curious about the material for your floor--?

Happy cooking!

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Lovely! Like the colors and style. Nice job!

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

What an inviting, warm, functional kitchen! you have made a small space large with your great use of space, yet uncluttered at the same time.

Congratulations on finishing!

• 6inthefam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments. We really are happy with it. I love having 2 ovens - one electric, one gas and both at good heights.

We stayed within the footprint we had. The windows are great, but the 10 x 20 space was tough b/c we had 4 windows and 4 doors to contend with. The eat-in area was always there, but was much more cramped with 6 chairs (4 kids). The banquette seating is so much better - and gives us 2 big drawers.

@rosie and willtv -- floor is Marmoleum tiles in Shell, installed on the diagonal

Cabs-Brookhaven (by Woodmode) - Bridgemont recessed - Maple in Carmel

Wall color - Benjamin Moore Jamestown Blue

Counters - an unusual coloration of Juparana India Gold

Backsplash tile - Westside Collection - Mosaic MA03-LB

Sink - Franke Regatta RGX160

Faucet - Delta 4353-SS-DST
    Cold water faucet - Newport Brass 106C/20
    Under-sink water filter system-AquaPure AP-DWS1000

Appliances - Fridge, MW on Wall Oven - Electrolux
    DW & Range/Oven - KitchenAid

Light Fixture - Kichler inverted pendant 3323CST

Hope that helps. Other questions welcome.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Very nice! Yes, details please! I also like the floor. Is it wood parquet, or is it tile?

• 6inthefam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@gsciencechick - see post above yours. We must have missed eachother. Floor is Marmoleum - modern day linoleum. We love it. So easy to clean and hides dirt to boot!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Don't know how I missed this one!
    Sweet!! it looks great - I might have to "steal" that backsplash (I am an ABBS - all but backsplash)

• PRO
    Heritage Chrome
    11 years ago

Beautiful! So excited for you to be done!! I have a question about your table. We are also doing a banquette and I'm trying to find the right table. May I ask where this one is from? It has so many elements i want.
    Congrats again. I live the warmth if the room.
    Deborah

• 6inthefam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@DJHinVA -- funny you should ask about the table. The table and chairs are the ONLY things from the old kitchen. That table was given to us by my old roommate's parents circa 1988. They had it in their house for 20 or 30 years. It is so sturdy and easy to clean, we couldn't bear to part with it. Also, with the banquette your really need some sort of pedestal table so that the legs don't bang into the banquette. Wish I could tell you where to get one.....

Best of luck.

• athenab
    11 years ago

As someone else mentioned, I also love painted cabinets, but your cabinets are truly lovely. All your choices are very tasteful. Beautiful. I am beginning the process of remodeling and thinking about moving the refrigerator next to the door as you have it. But I'm worried about the swing not being wide enough or swinging into someone as they enter the room. Are you finding this an issue at all? Thanks!

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

It's beautiful, looks great and is very well thought out. Great job!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Really beautiful! Great job!

• lwerner
    11 years ago

I hadn't see this one before. Very nice! I love the cabinets.

Laura

• ginny20
    11 years ago

The cabinets are especially lovely, but the whole is so harmonious and warm. Congratulations!

• 6inthefam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! You are all so kind. We are really happy with it.

@athenab -- we've had no issues at all with the fridge doors. I was somewhat concerned which is why we went with the French Doors, and counter depth. Because they are smaller, it just never comes up. I really wanted a bigger, standard depth fridge, but it would have protruded too much, and then the swing may have been an issue. We have a busy household with 4 kids and lots of teenagers in and out. So, by now we would have noticed if it were a problem.