Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beige Cabinets instead of White anyone?

Posted by sanjuangirl (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 22:16

Has anyone done true beige kitchen cabinets instead of white or off white? I'm afraid that my kitchen will be too stark if I do white or off white cabinets since I have really big windows in there. I chose a white mother of pearl backsplash. My perimeter counters are black. The island will be dark wood with a white quartzite counter.The slab has lots of browns and beiges in it.

Here are a few that I've seen on Houzz, but not in person.

These beautiful kitchens make me think it'll work, but I'd love to see a "real" kitchen with cabinets this color. I figured that so many people are doing lovely gray cabinets, so why not beige?
Any thoughts or photos would help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beige Cabinets instead of White anyone?

Right now, it seems as if grey cabinets are the "new white". I don't remember anyone here doing beige cabinets, but I would say to go for it and be a bit of a trendsetter. ;-) I especially like the 2nd and 3rd photos you posted.

o

I did and I absolutely love them! Surprisingly there are quite a few pictures around on Houzz. So it's not uncommon. I often see them in European kitchens too. My faucet is copper, sink Kohler biscuit. Happy yet mellow. Simply makes my heart sing.

o

My friend did a kitchen with Kraftmaid cabs in their khaki color and a mother of pearl mosaic backsplash. It is stunning!! I like it because the khaki is so much less common than white. It is a really sophisticated look with the MOP and the polished nickel hardware she used.

Her kitchen has lots of windows and faces south. When the sun shines in it positively glows.

o

That would be beautiful. Why not?

o

If you love it and it works in your space, I say go for it!

Love the 3rd inspiration picture you posted!

o

Thanks for responding!
Snookums, could you please post a picture or two so I can see it in a real, non posed photo? It would be helpful.:)
Rosy lady, sounds like your friend and I are on the same page! I'm excited about my backsplash and I'm happy to hear that it looks beautiful with her beige cabinets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here