Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, the old Sub Zero made it in one piece!

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 22:05

She made it without a scratch. Can't plug it in for 24 hours, though since they did have to lay it down to get it in the door.

Cross your fingers that the trip didn't jar something loose.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, the old Sub Zero made it in one piece!

Glinting in the subshine

o

Awesome! The interior quality of a SZ is amazing. My 23 year old SZ that sold with our old house looked perfect on the interior and the exterior panels were beautiful too.
Glad you got it in with no problems!

o

Always glad to hear a success story!

o

Glad it survived the journey! We have the same one. Here's hoping that these SZs last a long time :)

o

So happy for you Deedles. Those SZ are built like a tank. The spaciousness is awesome!

o

Congrats Deedles
Ours will be delivered on Thursday. We hope we are as lucky as you and it arrives in one piece.
MJ

o

have you plugged it in yet????

o

oops. we think the movers busted a foot. Can't prove it, though. Dang.

have to wait 24h to plug in b/c they had to lay it down to get it in the door. Today at 5pm we'll plug her in.

DH is getting fully versed in SZ maintenance and repair, though!

Is it wrong to love a fridge? I think I love this fridge.

o

Do you have any pics of the move? How many guys did it take?

o

I will say, you cannot beat the interior quality of a SZ. My Electrolux drives me batty with the brittle feeling and decidedly *not* easy glide crisper drawers.

When we win the lottery, we are so going back to a SZ. Despite the issues we had with the one in this house, I'd still go for it.

o

Holly: took three guys and a monster dolly. They were a bit rough, though.

Grlswprls: The interior is beautiful. No so much the freon leak on the fridge side. eek. Have a repair guy coming to check it out tomorrow. Well, we knew it might need a big repair like that.

The freezer works great and got down to, well, sub-zero overnight. 8 below to be exact.

o

Way to go! Exciting!!

o

Holly: took three guys and a monster dolly. They were a bit rough, though.

Grlswprls: The interior is beautiful. No so much the freon leak on the fridge side. eek. Have a repair guy coming to check it out tomorrow. Well, we knew it might need a big repair like that.

The freezer works great and got down to, well, sub-zero overnight. 8 below to be exact.

Guess I forgot to post this yesterday. Fridge repairman came and thinks it a valve leak and needs a freon recharge, which would be fabulous if it turns out to be the case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here