Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you know if a pendent is to large for the area?

Posted by Marion13 (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 21:42

I just recieved in the mail my Restoration Hardware Benson 7 inches diamater pendents. I am sad because they look to large to go over my small bar which will be 66inches long and 24 inches wide. I was planning on only using two pendents and love this look but may have to reconsider more of a cone pendent. Does anyone know of a company that makes the Benson looking pendent smaller?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you know if a pendent is to large for the area?

I am wondering the same thing. I bought a 10 1/2" diameter light to go over my small island, but I don't care for the looks of a small single pendant. I purposely only bought one even though I need something for over my sink as well. When my first one comes in I will decide if I should put it over the island, the sink, or if it is too big maybe use it to replace my foyer light.

o

My island is 4' x 4.5' . I also wanted those pendants but my island is too small for them. I ended up choosing the George pendant from Rejuvenation.

Here is a link that might be useful: George pendant

o

I have two 8" pendant lights over my new peninsula that is about the same size as your bar. I do have a cabinet at the end of the peninsula, but the pendants look just fine, and not too big. I basically have 12", pendant (8), 12", pendant, 12" cabinet. (measuring from end of peninsula back toward wall). It looks good.

My GC said they were too big, but DH put one up and then we measured (our issue was the one had to be far enough away from cabinet so door wouldn't hit it). I loved my lights so we went for it. I am happy.

Have you done the balloon on a string mock-up? That will help you visualize the spacing and size.

o

I was going to suggest the George pendant also. They're about 5" wide, customizable for metal and shade color, and are very cute IRL.

o

So would a 10" pendant over a 36" sink be too big?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here