Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back Splash Ideas

Posted by Jonif (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 21:41

I have installed white kitchen cabinets and just had a tan/brown granite countertop installed. I have med/dark wood color plank floor. I dont know what kind of back splash would look good. I thought of a white subway tile not sure what color of epoxy grout.But I am so open to any suggestions at this point. Please help!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back Splash Ideas

With white cabinets and a brown counter, you need a color to transition between the two, I would look at beige or dark cream tile colors.
I would match the grout to the color of the tile. Some like to have a grout that matches the counter. In your case it would be a brown. I don't think a brown grout would look good in this case, though.

o

What about a white tile with a strip of color like Petra (a sometimes poster on this board) did. See link.

Here is a link that might be useful: petra's kitchen

o

How about white subway and a darker grout (brownish/grey, greige)?

o

Jonif, what does the rest of the room look like? Does the kitchen open up into the family room? Are you looking for a neutral backsplash or something to bring color into your kitchen? What colors give you joy?

Need more info!

o

Do you have a close up of the granite? It looks black on my monitor.

o

msrose! Did you ever finish your backsplash? Did I miss the reveal?

o

just finished up the tan/brown granite counter top. And the kitchen has a small countertop dividing the dining or eating area. The counter top does look black at night, but it is tan/bronze with little bit of silver flakes in it. My kitchen is not real big. I dont know if i should go with a light beige back splash that would match some of the color in the granite,or go with white subway and use a creamy grout.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here