Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dredpir8

Kohler Stage sink faucet location

dredpir8
13 years ago

Hi, me again,

Figured I split my questions up a little. So what is everyone's opinion about where to put the faucet for the Kohler Stages sink? I was planning to put it centered in the deep sink area not centered in the entire opening.

We're going to have the doors under the sink only as wide as the deep sink area (losing the storage racks under the shallow end) with a half drawer under the shallow end...

Thanks,

Comments (12)

• rjr220
    13 years ago

We put ours in the middle of the basin, as Lisalists did. Here is ours, yesterday after counter installation

And today, after faucet install, with the accessories in place:

Putting it in the middle of the basin still give us ample room to move the spray over the shallower part of the sink.

Remember to post pictures!

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

Love those pictures! We are waiting for ours to arrive -- installation in 3 or 4 weeks, I think.

• dredpir8
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Looks really great! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll show them to my GC so he knows what we want.

• dianne47
    13 years ago

Thanks for the photos. My Stages 45 is at the fabricator right now. I was planning to install the faucet as you did.

Another question: do you use the undersink rack to hold the accessories? Or do you store them somewhere else?

Thanks for the photos.

• scrappy25
    13 years ago

rjr220, thanks for those pictures! What size sink base are you using, and is that a 15" trash pullout cabinet? I assume you notched the side of your sink base to fit the sink? Looks awesome and your modification might work for me!
    Nancy

• rjr220
    13 years ago

Nancy -- the whole cabinet is 57 inches, with the sink portion being 39, and the garbage pullout is 18m with a 15" pull-out. Here's yet another picture that shows the notch in the cabinet where the shallow sink part is (look in the bottom middle). Glad I thought to take this picture with no counter!

• scrappy25
    13 years ago

Sorry for hijacking this thread. rjr220, you must have the Stages 45 sink with custom cabinets. Two questions-

1.Can this stages sink be fit into a 36" cabinet with an adjacent 15" cabinet if the storage rack is not used? The adjoining walls of the cabinets would have to be notched on top but that would give me a trash pullout in the 15" cabinet.
    2. Can this 33" sink be fit into a 36" cabinet with the shallow part of the sink over an adjacent dishwasher (if the storage rack is not being used). I see those clips for the rack that jut down, can they be removed? There is a thread on appliances about shorter dishwashers.
    http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/appl/msg0523003821085.html?9

thank you!

• rjr220
    13 years ago

I'm guessing that you could do that, Scrappy, although I don't know how much space for a can you would have in a 15" base. Mine is 18" and the cans are 14". I don't know if those clips can be removed. I'm sure someone could, not just me!

• joyjoyjoy
    13 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but my question is nearly the same so I thought I'd keep it here for reference to the other posts. I am thinking of doing this with a 36 inch cabinet next to a blind corner. The sink basin would be inside the 36 inch cabinet, and the drainboard over the corner. That space is unused anyway, since it is behind a drawer.

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

{{!gwi}}

• willinak
    13 years ago

JoyJoyJoy, I'm not seeing why your application would not work for a bbc, unless you had some immovable object mounted high in the bbc.

rjr220, and others, in the photo of the drawer surgery, why wasn't the clip just removed? Also, what is the dimension from the bottom of the countertop to the bottom of the drain-board, if you removed the clip? My desire is to do the same as rjr220, but I have a dishwasher there instead of a drawer.

• scrappy25
    9 years ago

rjr220, if you are still monitoring this thread, can you tell me if your Stages sink is entirely or mostly supported by the wood pieces that I see in your picture above in this thread? Was the faucet installed in that small narrow space behind the sink? Is that a pony wall behind the sink cabinet?
    thanks!