Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash Selection woes..

Posted by Proctor06 (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 21:33

I have used this forum countless times for inspiration and appreciate the wealth of knowledge here,hopefully i can finally solve the great backsplash debate.Our 1970's Kitchen has come so far since beginning the remodel in January.Countertops are in,appliances are all working perfectly,cabinets painted and installed.All of that progress hinges on a backsplash decision,which is proving to be difficult.I am hoping that y'all can provide some insight
Granite-New venetian gold oro
Cabinets-Benjamin moore advance indian white

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash Selection woes..

What we started with...

o

To my uneducated eye, your kitchen appears "transitional," meaning I think it could support either a vintage-look backsplash or a more modern choice. (I love the curved valance area over the window!) What does the rest of the house look like? Is it more traditional or more modern?

o

The style of the home inside and out leans heavily towards traditional.Thanks for the kind words about the valance,that took quite some time to perfect.

o

can you tell us what price point you'd like to keep it at??

o

Under 1,000 would be nice,the backsplash area measures out to 38 square feet.That allows a material cost of $25/sq-ft

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here