Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buildinva

Feedback on Range Hood, Please! Kobe RAX9436SF-1

buildinva
10 years ago

Looking for a mid-range hood that will provide good venting for my 30 inch induction range. Am considering the Kobe RAX9436SF-1 in 36 inches which goes up to 600 CFM and is $649. Would love to hear thoughts on this. Thank you!

http://www.ventingdirect.com/kobe-rax9436sf-1-brillia-36-600-cfm-wall-mount-range-hood-with-3w-led-bulbs-and-mechanical-push-button-controls/p1957218

Comments (6)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Build, I saw that model and it seems to be a good one. I have to call the appliance guy and tell him to cancel the low end zephyr and order something a step up.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

I think I had the same model, but in a smaller size over my induction range in my last house. I wanted the larger, but wouldn't have been able to open the cabinet doors, and it was plenty for us. I really really liked it, didn't have any problems with it. I don't do a lot of frying but felt like it definitely had enough force, it was loud at the higher strengths but not too bad at the lower. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we moved out about 14 months after it was installed so can't speak to the durability.

anyway...here is a pic of how it looked.

• cathy725
    10 years ago

I have just recently installed the RA-092 model. I love it so far, but haven't done much cooking yet, since we are just finishing the remodel.

Hood has really good power and it's pretty quiet--much better than what I had (which isn't saying much because I had a OTR microwave who's fan couldn't even keep up with boilling water steam--it set off the fire alarm in the hall all the time).

The lights are at the very front so there is not as much light toward the back. I think most hoods are like that, though. I like the delay when you turn off the vent.

Filters look easy to clean--they are very easy to remove for cleaning.

Now that my backsplash is in and sealed, I can start doing some real cooking to test the vent out.

Good luck with your choice.

• artemis78
    10 years ago

We have the RA094, which is similar, and have been very happy with it (2.5 years in). The Brillia line is Kobe's lower end line (used to be exclusive to Costco, but sounds like this is no longer the case) and I'm not entirely clear on what the differences are, aside from the slightly lower CFM and price. (I didn't know about it when we bought ours but some friends have one; looks nearly identical on the outside.) But overall we've liked the Kobe quality; seems well-made and hasn't given us any trouble thus far. We put the filters in the dishwasher and they come out beautifully clean (but we have the baffle filters; I think the Brillia models have mesh?)

• buildinva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, it does have the mesh filter, one of my concerns. I've read the baffle is better. Of course, anything will be better than my current recirc hood!!!

• beachlover2
    10 years ago

What kind of under cabinet lights did you have? Thanks.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus