Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjzucker7

Prep Sink suggestions, please?

szruns
9 years ago

I am closing in on the big new kitchen . . . and I have some questions that I could really use some help on.

First one today is specific model/manufacturer suggestions for my prep sink. I will have a 21 to 24 inch sink base for the prep sink. (Planned for 24, but I might trim to 21 if the sink I choose can work with a smaller base.)

The location is on the corner of the 44 x 87 inch island, and I plan to use it from both the long side (main prep area), with the sink to the right end, and also from one short side (across from the range) with the sink to my left. I'm rather OCD about symmetry, so I'd like a square sink with the faucet at the corner, making it easier to use from both sides. I'd considered round sinks (love that symmetry, lol), but I think a 16-18 inch square would be a bit more practical as it'd allow me to use an over-the-sink colander across half and still have half free for pushing scraps, etc.

(My main sink will be a 36 inch Kohler Whitehaven tall apron sink, so I'll have plenty of room for big pots and cleaning there, so this prep sink will really be used for prep and for filling and dumping pots from the cooktop.)

So, I've been googling like mad looking for a good quality undermount square sink, and I am overwhelmed at this decision. Nothing is jumping out.

Goals:

+ I'd like rounded corners instead of the sharp interior corners, as those sharp corners look hard to clean.

+ I'd like as close to symmetrical/square as possible, as in width and length equal.

+ Undermount

+ Interior dimensions at least 15 in both width and length, and at least 8 inches deep. Ideally 16 to 18 width & length and 8 - 10 inches deep.

+ Either stainless (16 gauge?) or some sort of subtle blanco type solid surface. Something easy to clean and subtle, not flashy.

+ Ideally, not expensive. I'm spending a fortune on the rest of the kitchen, and all this needs to be is a discreet stainless steel bowl . . . So, if I can get something under $300 or so, that'd be ideal. Certainly don't want to spend over $500 unless there is a VERY good reason!

Obviously must be durable, stain free, good quality. Don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish, so I'm OK to pay what I need to in order to meet this qualification.

I saw the Ticor s815, and it looks good, but just a bit smaller than my ideal, with interior dimensions of 15x14x8. If it were a couple inches bigger each dimension, I'd be an easier sell.

Can any of you give me specific models to look at? Are there brands that are generally reliable and good for this simple thing?

Thanks much,
Stephanie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022