Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desi5_gw

Please recommend SW or BM warm off-white paint color for cabs

desi5
13 years ago

I am looking for any recommendations (and pics!) for a very warm off-white/cream paint color for our cabinets. We really want something that will not appear too white and with a slight yellow undertone, rather than gray or green.

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Des

Comments (24)

• jb1176
    13 years ago

How about BM Linen White?

• Lisa B.
    13 years ago

BM White Dove. A nice, soft creamy white. Lots of kitchens here feature it, just painted my cabs this color (no pics yet). Very pretty!

• sw_in_austin
    13 years ago

We just painted the trim in our living and dining rooms  including fireplace and doors  BM White Dove and I do like it. But I'm finding it a fairly bright white, brighter than I was expecting anyway. It may be because the walls are a medium gray so the contrast is fairly extreme but I wouldn't call it "very warm."

• grlwprls
    13 years ago

Ben Moore mascarpone (AF 20). Gorgeous color.

• three_daisies
    13 years ago

BM White Dove. It's very soft and easy on the eyes. I've been really pleased with it for my cabinets.

It might be a color that's best experienced rather than photographed. It seems whiter in photos and on a computer monitor than in person.

• timber.j
    13 years ago

SW's Dover White sounds like it might be the color you are looking for.

• shanghaimom
    13 years ago

We used BM Bone White on all the woodwork throughout the house, including the kitchen cabs. It is a very deep warm cream--much darker than White Dove. No hint of gray or green.

• daisychain01
    13 years ago

I used BM Ivory White in the kitchen and love it.

Do lots of test swatches in your actual kitchen. Worth it for the cost of the samples. The amount of light you get, etc. makes a huge difference in the look of a colour.

• newkitchen10
    13 years ago

I know this is a change of subject and I apologize in advance.

Shanghaimom, I have been admiring your kitchen for a while and was wondering if you could give me details on you granite (color and finish), backsplash and more on your cabinet colors and type of finish (glazing etc)?

Desi. I recommend painting entire sheets of paper (even oaktag size if you can) in a few different colors, hanging them in your kitchen and living with them for a few days. I did that recently before painting my daughter's room and I ended up painting it a color that I would never had picked otherwise and we all absolutely love it! Good luck!

• fran1523
    13 years ago

Benjamin Moore "Lambskin"

• lovingstuff
    13 years ago

desi5,
    We used Roman Column from SW for all our trim, island, eat in bench backs and it is a warm white, not a bright white.

• shanghaimom
    13 years ago

newkitchen 10--thank you! counters are Zodiaq quatrz in Mystic Black-a charcoal gray which isn't too shiny. Backsplash is 3"calcutta marble hex tile and the paint is 3 coats of BM OIL-base satin impervo enamel. No glaze.

• annkathryn
    13 years ago

I used BM Linen White a like it a lot. SW restrained gold is on the walls.

From Kitchen before and after

• ellendi
    13 years ago

I have BM Dove White and it is a very bright white in my very light filled kitchen. In the show room it appeared more of an off white and not as bright. So lighting has everything to do with the white colors.

• lindiver
    13 years ago

We just did BM Bone and like it. It is just as Shanghaimom said. :-)

• desi5
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to all for your recommendations! I have only made it to the Benjamin Moore store but did buy a LOT of samples. I painted my samples on 1/2 size sheets of poster board to see which ones I liked the best. Of those, I painted my top 4 colors on foam board which is really easy to prop up with my tile and granite samples.

So far, I'm really liking the BM Bone White and BM Frappe. The warmer colors seem to work best with our lighting and dining/living areas.

Thanks again!

~Des

• Lil B
    13 years ago

I think I'm going to go with BM Pompeii on my kitchen cabs, with a light-medium brown glaze. We aren't to the paint stage yet. I like Pompeii for my house trim color, and since I only get 5 color changes I didn't want another white/cream only for the kitchen cabs.

• willis13
    13 years ago

BM Cloud white is what I'm using. Very similar to the White Dove, but a bit warmer.

• cali_wendy
    13 years ago

We used BM Linen White for our cabinetry. I'm trying to find some pictures with a good representation of the color. Tricky. My photos are not the best quality. Here are two with different lighting to give you an idea. It definitely has yellow undertones.

• anne999
    13 years ago

Does BM make a white with orange undertones? I prefer that to yellow undertones - much warmer.

• shelly_k
    13 years ago

We used Sherwin Williams Creamy. It is warm, creamy and has yellow undertones, but not too dark. On the paint card, it is definitely yellow as you go toward the darker colors. So far, I love it!

• albemi
    13 years ago

I'm making this decision now. Any suggestions from Canadians? I'm finding some of the BM colours suggested are not available here.

• glenster_jr
    13 years ago

Another vote for SW "Creamy" in the Pro Classic. Excelelnt color (and paint).