Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen sink advice needed

Posted by beachlover2 (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 21:06

Hi, the cabinets are almost in and I need a sink before they measure for granite. I have a fairly tight budget so I'm thinking of stainless or porcelain. Any advise of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do any of you have a good online source for sinks? I am a dance teacher who is trying to get a recital together in 3 weeks and make all of these remodeling decisions at the same time so .... HELP!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen sink advice needed

There was a post here earlier that said the Franke Orca sink is on sale for 599. It is stainless and is a really nice sink. If I hadn't already planned on the Kohler Whitehaven the Orca would have been at the top of my list.

o

Ticor stainless sinks are inexpensive and made of good quality stainless. We are very happy with ours and it was a serious savings over most sinks out there. They've been suggested on this site a lot, if you want to search for other recommendations.

o

Alas, ticor is no more.

Check with your granite guys as to what they offer. Some folks here like Artisan sinks, which some stone places offer as their free-with. (Some have real junk instead.)

Kraus sinks are also popular here (see overstock) and probably the closest thing to the late lamented Ticor sinks.

o

A good online site for ease of narrowing by choices/specs and prices is faucetdirectdotcom imo. GL. Love hearing piano music.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here