o
Per carsonheim request - yellow cabs, arabesque, Torquay

Posted by ArlingtonVAremodel (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 21:01

ArlingtonVAremodel's Yellow kitchen album on Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Per carsonheim request - yellow cabs, arabesque, Torquay

I have no idea if I've done this correctly; it's my first time uploading more than one photo, which I have attempted to do through a Photobucket album. If you have trouble seeing them, please let me know. Thanks.

o

OOOH, I just clicked and the album is there. Can't wait to see. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee!

o

Very pretty! Where are your details? Inquiring minds want to know! Specifically, what is the yellow paint on your cabinets?

Congrats.

Jen

o

So beautiful! Can you share details on your materials? And if your screen name is any tipoff to your location, I'd love to hear about any sources or firms you had good experiences with. I'm in close in MoCo and trying to get started with a kitchenreni.

o

Wow, your kitchen is great! I have a vision now of how mine will look :-)

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I was concerned about things looking too light and washed out with the light yellow and white. But not at all! I also quite like the gray walls with it all. Very fresh! Bravo for a really lovely remodel! :)

o

Don't know what went wrong but there are no pictures visible for me.

o

Thank you, all! I am really happy with how it turned out. It was part of a larger addition/renovation, and it is all working just as I had been imagining it ... for the 10 years that we'd been living in the house beforehand.

Re kitchen materials, here you go:

Cabinets: Brighton Cabinets from Cabinet Discounters (smaloney, yes I am in Arlington, VA. I used the one in Springfield, which is not very convenient for you, but I LOVE the woman I worked with there, so if you want her info, let me know).

Cabinet color: Custom color, BM Good Vibrations

Island cabinet color: Stock color, Spaulding

Cabinet hardware: Amerock Highland Ridge in Antique Pewter

Perimeter countertop: Cambria Torquay (they botched the first install with an awful seam that was noticeable from two houses away, but they finally got it right, and I am really happy with the Cambria. Thank goodness I didn't let myself believe that I could be conscientious enough to have marble.)

Island top: Cafe Countertops Black Walnut (www.cafecountertops.com).

Island legs: Matthew Burak, tablelegs.com (totally a gamble, but I am very happy with them - matched the paint color to the cabinets and painted them on-site)

Island stools: Pottery Barn Wyatt

Island pendants: Hudson Valley Randolph Mini-Pendant in Historic Bronze

Faucets: Newport Brass Jacobean in Antique Nickel

Backsplash: Beveled Arabesque White (www.mosaictilestone.com)

Roman shades: Smith and Noble

Wall color: BM Silver Fox, reduced 25%

Thanks again!

o

Oops, I guess you have to click on the view all button. Now that I see your pics I have to post again to say congratulations on a job well done. I love your yellow and grey combination. Your countertops and backsplash are fabulous.
Hope you get to enjoy your beautiful space for years to come.

o

Lovely kitchen! It's such a refreshing color.
I really like your island-would you mind sharing the dimensions?

o

I can't see a link or any photos. Please let me see you're new kitchen!

o

Looks very nice! Enjoy!!!

Sanjuangirl, Click on the "view all" button. (see if that helps)

o

Yellow is such a pretty color in the ktichen....here's a teaser. Click the buttons in the first post.
 photo IMG_0532_zps30521764.jpg

o

Very 1930s color scheme, with the soft yellow and pale grey.

o

I love the color of your cabinets, especially with the light pouring in the windows; very nice with the family room.

o

Gorgeous!! Those yellow cabinets combined with the arabeques look amazing. Congratulations on your beautiful new space.

o

I absolutely love the yellow and gray together!

o

Thanks Bee! Lovely shade of yellow! Always love the Arabesque. Congratulations and enjoy your kitchen.

o

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous kitchen! I love the brightness of the yellow and the warmth of the butcher block on the island.

o

I haven't visited here lately (I don't have the excuse I had while the kitchen was still a work in progress!) but having popped back in for a quick peek, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the kind words.

ppbenn, it's probably too late now, but you asked for island dimensions. The island top is 52" x 80." The cabinets underneath are 48" square, so the top has a 2" overhang on the cabinet sides and then the seating area is 52" x 30". Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here