arlingtonvaremodel

Per carsonheim request - yellow cabs, arabesque, Torquay

ArlingtonVAremodel
10 years ago

Comments (19)

• ArlingtonVAremodel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have no idea if I've done this correctly; it's my first time uploading more than one photo, which I have attempted to do through a Photobucket album. If you have trouble seeing them, please let me know. Thanks.

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

OOOH, I just clicked and the album is there. Can't wait to see. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• jenhp
    10 years ago

Very pretty! Where are your details? Inquiring minds want to know! Specifically, what is the yellow paint on your cabinets?

Congrats.

Jen

• smaloney
    10 years ago

So beautiful! Can you share details on your materials? And if your screen name is any tipoff to your location, I'd love to hear about any sources or firms you had good experiences with. I'm in close in MoCo and trying to get started with a kitchenreni.

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

Wow, your kitchen is great! I have a vision now of how mine will look :-)

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I was concerned about things looking too light and washed out with the light yellow and white. But not at all! I also quite like the gray walls with it all. Very fresh! Bravo for a really lovely remodel! :)

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Don't know what went wrong but there are no pictures visible for me.

• ArlingtonVAremodel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, all! I am really happy with how it turned out. It was part of a larger addition/renovation, and it is all working just as I had been imagining it ... for the 10 years that we'd been living in the house beforehand.

Re kitchen materials, here you go:

Cabinets: Brighton Cabinets from Cabinet Discounters (smaloney, yes I am in Arlington, VA. I used the one in Springfield, which is not very convenient for you, but I LOVE the woman I worked with there, so if you want her info, let me know).

Cabinet color: Custom color, BM Good Vibrations

Island cabinet color: Stock color, Spaulding

Cabinet hardware: Amerock Highland Ridge in Antique Pewter

Perimeter countertop: Cambria Torquay (they botched the first install with an awful seam that was noticeable from two houses away, but they finally got it right, and I am really happy with the Cambria. Thank goodness I didn't let myself believe that I could be conscientious enough to have marble.)

Island top: Cafe Countertops Black Walnut (www.cafecountertops.com).

Island legs: Matthew Burak, tablelegs.com (totally a gamble, but I am very happy with them - matched the paint color to the cabinets and painted them on-site)

Island stools: Pottery Barn Wyatt

Island pendants: Hudson Valley Randolph Mini-Pendant in Historic Bronze

Faucets: Newport Brass Jacobean in Antique Nickel

Backsplash: Beveled Arabesque White (www.mosaictilestone.com)

Roman shades: Smith and Noble

Wall color: BM Silver Fox, reduced 25%

Thanks again!

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Oops, I guess you have to click on the view all button. Now that I see your pics I have to post again to say congratulations on a job well done. I love your yellow and grey combination. Your countertops and backsplash are fabulous.
    Hope you get to enjoy your beautiful space for years to come.

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Lovely kitchen! It's such a refreshing color.
    I really like your island-would you mind sharing the dimensions?

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

I can't see a link or any photos. Please let me see you're new kitchen!

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Looks very nice! Enjoy!!!

Sanjuangirl, Click on the "view all" button. (see if that helps)

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Yellow is such a pretty color in the ktichen....here's a teaser. Click the buttons in the first post.

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

Very 1930s color scheme, with the soft yellow and pale grey.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

I love the color of your cabinets, especially with the light pouring in the windows; very nice with the family room.

• taggie
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!! Those yellow cabinets combined with the arabeques look amazing. Congratulations on your beautiful new space.

• pandora1
    10 years ago

I absolutely love the yellow and gray together!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Thanks Bee! Lovely shade of yellow! Always love the Arabesque. Congratulations and enjoy your kitchen.

• chiefy
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous kitchen! I love the brightness of the yellow and the warmth of the butcher block on the island.

• ArlingtonVAremodel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I haven't visited here lately (I don't have the excuse I had while the kitchen was still a work in progress!) but having popped back in for a quick peek, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the kind words.

ppbenn, it's probably too late now, but you asked for island dimensions. The island top is 52" x 80." The cabinets underneath are 48" square, so the top has a 2" overhang on the cabinet sides and then the seating area is 52" x 30". Hope that helps.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz